Senior Consultant & Manager, Defence Business Operations, London & Middle East
Your opportunity Our UK Defence Consulting team is a centre of excellence within our global firm and provides support to the UK Ministry of Defence and other Government Defence Departments as well as other public and private sector defence organisations.
The services we provide cover a broad spectrum that focus on helping our clients address the key challenges they are facing, including initiatives from a Strategic Defence Review, business transformation, cost efficiencies and decision support.
As a firm we are investing in the Middle East and the defence industry is at the forefront of this initiative. We recognise Defence Departments are going through major transformations and are looking to leverage global best practise. Your role
We are looking to strengthen our team that focus on the opportunities in the Middle East in particular Saudi Arabia. With Deloitte, you will have unmatched opportunities to gain experience working with senior clients throughout the entire project lifecycle, broaden your experience, boost your marketability.
By joining Deloitte, you will:
- Work with some of the most prestigious national and global clients to address their greatest challenges and provide innovative and creative solutions to overcome these
- Have access to our broad range of market-leading services, propositions, assets, and our extensive knowledge base accumulated over hundreds of successful projects to develop your career
- Continue to grow and develop your core skills, hone your industry expertise and truly reach your potential accessing the wealth of learning and development available
You will have responsibility for:
- Designing, developing and implementing defence transformation across domains to enable better capability and performance management and decision making.
- Delivering performance management and planning solutions tailored to the organisation's size, complexity, business model and objectives.
- Helping our clients to understand, design and implement solutions; partnering with business teams to understand every aspect of their requirements from structuring a business case to support a major investment decision through to the design of underlying data models.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
As a practitioner, you will typically:
Your work, your choice
- Work as part of a workstream or lead a small workstream within the project having day to day responsibility for management of the workstream
- Supporting and facilitating workshops, scoping and producing reports, and interacting with the client on a daily basis
- Support business development activities including writing proposals and working closely with our industry and client account teams
- Help develop new propositions to take to market
- Support training and talent initiatives
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
Your service line: Consulting
- A background in defence transformation
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Business Operations
- Large scale process management/design
- Planning and budgeting in Defence
- Target Operating Model (TOM) - design and/or implementation
- Workforce analytics
- Equipment acquisition and support projects
- Financial Management and/or Finance Transformation
- Professional Qualification within your field of expertise
- Minimum 2i class degree or equivalent
- Prior consulting / project based experience
- Project leadership skills outside line roles
- Proven ability to manage and work effectively in teams
- A history of rapid career progression with previous employer(s)
- An ability to travel to the Middle East
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173263