Senior Data Scientist at Thomson Reuters Labs
Job Description Position Title: Senior Data Scientist Position Type: Permanent Role Summary:
Thomson Reuters Labs is looking for data scientists with a passion for deep learning to join a growing team of deep learning specialists that has been driving transformation at the company. Our team has delivered a number of successful deep learning projects which have achieved human-level performance on complex natural language tasks. We are looking for data scientists excited to work at the forefront of deep learning technology in collaboration with other specialists, applying state-of-the-art models to challenging business problems. Key Accountabilities:
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Collaborate with dozens of data scientists, machine learning scientists and deep learning specialists-PhD's and Masters grads with experience in deep learning, machine learning, big data, statistics, natural language processing, probabilistic programming and data visualization-at Thomson Reuters Labs around the world to build AI systems that push the boundaries of what was previously considered possible.
- Continually research and learn how to apply state-of-the-art deep learning NLP techniques to keep your skills on the cutting edge of what is possible.
- Interact with customers and internal business partners to understand their business challenges and develop hypotheses about AI solutions to real world problems in legal, regulatory, news and tax domains.
- Run experiments with the latest deep learning models using frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch, and toolkits such as Tensor2Tensor, Sockeye, and OpenNMT.
- Develop new deep learning models and innovative machine learning pipelines to solve real world business problems.
- Work with engineering teams to move your solutions into production.
Desired Experience and Qualifications;
- Demonstrable relevant experience in building machine learning models and/or systems
- Ability to translate the latest technical papers into implementations addressing our use cases.
- Development skills to rapidly deliver minimum viable products.
- Strong experience with scripting languages like Python or R.
- PhD or Masters in a data-heavy technical field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or other data-heavy discipline such as Physics or Chemistry or quantitative social science.
- Some experience specifically with one or more of:
- Deep Learning (e.g. CNN, RNN, LSTM, Transformers, etc.)
- Natural Language Processing
- Bayesian Inference/Probabilistic Programming
- Big Data Systems or Analytics
- Knowledge Graphs
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructures.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations