Senior Director - Client Development & Sales, Optimization - Sell side
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Optimization Sales Segment Lead - EMEA, is responsible for all facets of the development, execution and management of the sales strategy for the Sell-Side in the EMEA region. This position is responsible for delivering against revenue targets and accelerating growth for the segment across all asset classes, within each asset class, and in each of CME Group's business units. Strong sales leadership capabilities, extensive industry knowledge and contacts, and a track record of success in growing relevant business are required. This role requires strong collaboration, coordination and leadership with other CD&S regional segment leads globally. Principal Accountabilities:
- Develop and execute sales strategy for accelerating revenue growth from existing and new key clients
- Develop, execute and lead CME Group's Optimization Sell-Side in the EMEA sales strategy and ensure alignment with the global segment strategy
- Understand global competitive landscape and impact on client segment and advance the development and execution of specific country plans within region to address these challenges and opportunities
- Ensure alignment of internal resources to meet strategic account plans; manage the allocation of budget and resources
- In collaboration with the Regional CD&S Head, Business Line Heads and Marketing, develop strategies to optimally position CME Group products across relevant client segment by:
- Increasing the number of clients/segment penetration, increasing number of asset classes/products traded per client, increasing overall and per-client volume, and/or expanding trading hours.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Leverage CRM system to proactively initiate communication and coordination across segments to drive cross selling efforts
- Manage and/or coach a team of sales representatives
- Represent CME Group to the media, industry, conferences, trade shows and associations as necessary
- Understand competitive landscape and develop/align growth and go-to-market client segment strategies
- Sales management experience
- Experience developing and executing successful sales/account strategies and plans.
- Well-developed networking and relationship building skills, complemented by negotiating acumen and sound business judgment
- Proven abilities to influence others and to achieve tangible business results