Senior Director - Operations
Job Description As a Senior Director of Operations , you will lead our global Operations Group responsible for building and supporting business and technical processes of Moodys.com and Moody's data files, the main source of Moody's ratings and research. You will head multiple regional teams who drive continual improvement in our procedures while also building new lean, repeatable processes. To achieve these goals, you will be a key partner with global teams such as Product Strategy, Development, Client Services, DevOps, and Platform Strategy and IT.
- Point of escalation to resolve high severity production issues and client-reported product issues. Coordinate resolutions with teams as needed.
- Sponsor/consult on/lead improvement projects or building of new operational and data processes. Procure enterprise software or coordinate development of internal tools as needed.
- Develop operational roadmap; drive capacity planning.
- Ensure smooth operations for Moodys.com and time-sensitive and regulated data feeds supporting of $600+ MM in revenue product.
- Manage a global team of operations professionals with a high standard of excellence.
- Collaborate with teams such as Product Strategy, Development, Program Management, Client Services and IT to meet business demands.
- Own and maintain the Operations BCP plan.
- 10+ years of experience in an operational or support role.
- Solid experience writing SQL (Sybase, Microsoft SQL server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Solid understanding of database design and process design.
- Proven success in completing projects from inception to launch.
- Proven ability to own and complete projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Documented process flows using visual aids (ex: MS Visio).
- Guides, mentors, and supervises Operations professionals across multiple locations and time zones.
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities including root cause analysis.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Exposure to Java a plus.
- Cloud knowledge and experience are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Finance or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.