Senior Executive (Manager) - Operational Transaction Services (IT) - TAS (Financial Services) - London
Do you have the vision to see through problems? Our team is a dedicated group of over 30 professionals in this specialist service offering. Each draws on their financial, operational and technical skills to support both private equity and corporate clients, spanning the financial services sector. The opportunity
You'd be part of the only dedicated Financial Services team in this sector. We're focused on our clients' key strategic activities, advising and influencing at senior leadership level. We find ways to make transactions happen smoothly and efficiently, without compromising standards or taking uncalculated risks for sellers or buyers. Your key responsibilities
As a Manager within the team you'd support clients on a daily basis in highly confidential transactions in both a pre-deal and post-deal context. Attention to detail is key too; you'd draft reports, deliverables and provide detailed insight on operational and IT issues and their impact on transactional rationale. You'd also be responsible for performing client and industry research and prepare materials to support client pitches and proposals. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Consulting skills: can demonstrate the skills and experience required to operate in a client-facing role within a professional services firm.
- Financial analysis: able to apply sound financial analysis and a rigorous approach to quantify the impact of operational issues.
- Sound knowledge/level of IT experience in enterprise / systems architectures, operating models, awareness of mainstream technologies including commonly-used applications, infrastructure, toolsets, utilities and vendors.
- Strong knowledge/level of project experience including understanding the phases of the change process, the systems development lifecycle and delivery projects including separations / carve-outs, data migrations and integrations.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Financial Services expertise: has a good level of experience in one or more of banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and asset management, with a focus on operations, technology, strategy and change.
- Change management: understands key principles of project and programme management and has some experience of leading change.
What we look for
- Commercial acumen: able to quickly understand the key value drivers in a business and how these impact the scope and approach of an assignment
- Strong academic record
As a team we are looking for passionate consultants who thrive on working in high-performing teams and focus on delivering exceptional service for our clients, with a focus on Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management and Private Equity. What working at EY offers
At EY we're able to offer a whole range of benefits that form part of our total reward: Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career Flexible benefits available throughout the year. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join Today. Change Tomorrow. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.