Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We’re looking for someone like you to help us.
– Help us evolve the architecture of a complex, high throughput FX trading system
– Deliver on strategic initiatives to support the growth of our FX option business
– Collaborate with global business and IT stakeholders, to understand business requirements
– Design and implement solutions, writing high quality, production-grade code
– Work across the full software development lifecycle, in an agile team, using automated testing
– Take responsibility and ownership for the system, perform level 3 support to resolve defects
As part of UBS FX Derivatives IT team in London your main objective is evolving and enhancing our application stack which processes our FX options flow business. The team provides server-side solutions for pricing, execution and the live risk management of a wide range of financial instruments including Vanilla & Exotic Options. We work on the components that constitute the backbone of our electronic trade capture channels used by internal and external clients - high profile and key to the business.
– large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design and hands-on experience in building distributed systems
– very strong server-side Java development, emphasis on multi-threaded performance critical programs
– delivered systems with high stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance requirements
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– worked with agile SDLC and TDD methodologies, with Git/GitHub and continuous integration
– the ability to work closely with business partners, as part of a global team, delivering iteratively
– FX derivatives domain knowledge, or good knowledge of financial instruments and markets work
– exposure to electronic trading platforms including single- or multi- dealer platforms
– experience working with an investment banks' front office – trading, sales
– coordinated releases and dependencies across teams
– taken responsibility and ownership for a system
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity
– enjoy a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
– a self-sufficient, quick learner, who can work well both independently as well as in a team
– an excellent communicator, strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.