Major FS business and Fintech firm are currently recruiting for a Senior Controller on both an interim and perm business.
- Take ownership of all financial accounting matters relating to the Group; ensure all business activities are recorded accurately, timely;
- Drive close of general ledger in accordance with month end cadence; identify synergies across the department to reduce the close cycle;
- Prepare monthly board pack and present to key finance stakeholders;
- Oversight of the year end audit and preparation of statutory accounts alongside the Group Reporting Manager;
- Deliver all local regulatory, compliance reporting; and prepare investor and lender reporting packs;
- Work with wider finance teams to streamline and standardise month-end processes; provide business insights to help deliver annual budget and 3-year plan;
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate reporting and distribution of financial information across the business;
- Often deputise as the Group Financial Controller, acting as a key advisor to the CFO and a leader within the department; helping to prepare the business for an exit in the medium term;
- Seek to constantly improve and implement best practice within the team; and
- Manage at least three direct reports.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc) with at least 5 years PQE.
- Experience in optimising / accelerating / automating month-end close processes, including Balance Sheet governance;
- Hands-on approach to working; able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, start-up environment and be able to operate with ambiguity;
- Collaborative, proactive and able to work across teams in Finance to drive deliverables; and
- Knowledge of Netsuite or comparable ERP system (desirable).
- This person will have a commercial and creative mentality and produce innovative solutions
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- External Audit background desirable