Senior IT Manager
GoCardless is growing fast. We've built a world-class product that opens up Direct Debit to small and medium-sized businesses across the UK and beyond, and we have recently extended our offering to multinational companies like the Guardian, TripAdvisor and Box. Thousands of businesses in the UK already rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more join us every week. About a third of these never previously had access to Direct Debit, so we are transforming the way they do business.
We're looking for an exceptional Senior IT Engineering Manager to help GoCardless scale and automate our IT function.
IT at GoCardless cares deeply about the experience we provide, from day one. We act with people's best interest at heart: we take responsibility for their problems and we know that there is always something we can do to help, however long it takes.
As an IT Engineering Manager you will be involved in improving our internal support tools, processes and most of all scaling the team to help with the growth of the company. We believe that technology should make us more effective, so a lot of focus for IT will be in automating processes and keeping tools and applications updated.
In this role you will:
- define long term IT strategy
- develop great people
- maintain a supportive and engaging team culture
- insist on high standards of technical design and implementation and ensure your systems are operationally excellent
- deliver project work while managing the expectations of your stakeholders
- plan and prioritise impactful technical investment initiatives
You will also be a key contributor to:
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- setting up robust and efficient networks
- Improve hiring and recruitment processes
- automation of tooling
- implementing a new inventory system
- ensure the security of our systems and working practices
Among other things:
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Focus on your growth and development: regular discussions with your manager about your personal goals, feedback, coaching, learning and conference budget.
- A clear career progression: paths for managers and individual contributors, opportunities for growth and leadership aligned to our competencies framework.
- Ownership and autonomy: we give engineers problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, end to end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it)
- Good work-life balance
Given the versatile nature of the role, we're looking for someone who learns fast, enjoys leading and collaborating with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker.
This role would suit someone with senior management experience focussed on strategy and people management responsibility.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about building motivated, highly performing teams
- Experienced in scaling IT in fast growing organisations
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity - if you're unsure, please apply.