Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world’s leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients’ recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they’re a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Java Developer for a 18 Month contract based in London (Remote for Now).
As a Java Developer you will be responsible for:
- Delivering any assigned task to Production as per time, non-functional and functional requirements – in particular, ensuring deliveries meet adequate levels of testability, at unit, component and integration levels;
- liaising directly with business users over requirement gathering;
- focusing on the platform’s non-functional behaviour: performance, scalability, security etc – and making sure that tests in this area are repeatable;
- promoting knowledge sharing within team members – taking active involvement in organising and chairing poker-sizing sessions with all concerned parties as and when required;
- ensuring smooth liaison with other teams, both inside and outside IRG ETS IT where appropriate (eg London/NY Dev teams, Production support teams, etc);
- documenting new functionalities and training users/support teams support as appropriate;
- leading by example: ensuring that own behaviour as developer exhibits the team’s values of dedication, commitment and transparency at all times and under all circumstances.
What we require from the candidate:
- Proven significant (5 year +) and recent SDLC experience on mature, enterprise multi-threaded core Java development projects – greenfield projects should be a minority.
- Significant (5 year+) prior exposure to high frequency, low latency programming environments – typically in the context of electronic trading for Equities, Commodities, FX or Rates.
- C/C++ and JNI experience is desirable but not an absolute requirement.
- Knowledge of ION Marketview and its programming environment would be a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business