Senior Manager- Automation & Optimisation
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 17 Jan 19
Senior Manager- Automation & Optimisation
1 February 2019
£64,650 - £86,200
Job Description Summary
Operate as a senior level functional specialist and manage the provision of a comprehensive Cyber Security service meeting the needs of the wider group, providing effective leadership to team members or virtual teams and contributing to the strategic direction of the function.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for creating a culture of continuous improvement across IT Cyber Security, as well as delivering regular and on-going initiatives which will automate and improve existing and new processes across the business unit, allowing colleagues to focus on more complex and engaging activities.
Will have knowledge of Cyber Security principles, processes and toolsets coupled with demonstrable experience in running automation operational Cyber Security teams.
Is an effective communicator who is able to translate complex technical language into plain English such that it can be understood by business colleagues and senior leaders.
- Support Project Helium (the onshoring of the Identity & Access Management Service) to automate and improve the processes which support the existing service.
- Own the automation and optimisation backlog for IT Cyber Security, working with SMEs from across IT Cyber Security to assess opportunities to identify those which will deliver an appropriate return on investment for the business unit.
- Delivery of automation and process optimisation opportunities across IT Cyber security to reduce manual workload and wasted effort within processes
- Run the robotics hub, which is responsible for ongoing management of the robotic solutions implemented by the automation and optimisation team.
- Collaboration and coordination with robotics teams elsewhere within the Group to improve robotics capability across the Group.
• Leads and manages a high performing team by developing colleagues through stretching objectives, feedback and coaching whilst demonstrating and embedding LBG Group Values
• Assists in the development and manage the implementation of short and medium term operational plans in the context of the strategic direction taking into account risk, governance and regulatory context and defining the resources required to ensure the continued satisfaction of customer needs
• Provide a business consultancy service which improves understanding and which enhances overall business performance, participating as an active member of the business unit team.
• Will be seen as a robotics and automation specialist with demonstrable experience and a track record of automation and process improvement.
• Control the definition of user requirements and direct the live implementation of automation and robotics, ensuring enhancements are delivered to support operational efficiency to reflect the changing needs of the business and risk issues
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships, engage cross functional stakeholders to optimise business results - attend and contribute to relevant meetings
• Initiate and deliver agreed change programmes to achieve continuous improvement
• Provide insightful information, guidance and advice to influence business decisions
• Proactively builds and maintains external and internal network to identify industry best practice and to ensure legal, regulatory and professional compliance
• Responsible for budget/ headcount forecasting and delivery to target.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.