Senior Market Strategist
Job Description The Strategist is responsible for analysing and monitoring key demand and competitive trends that affect ERS Finance & Risk customers & prospects in the markets s/he is responsible for, evaluating ways to capture these audiences or increase operational efficiencies and profitability in serving these market segments and implement go to market recommendations to do so. The market strategist's findings and recommendations are primarily used to:
- Identify potential growth opportunities in target markets
- Provide input to localisation of customer proposition and go to market plan
- Prioritize and deploy sales, services and marketing resources locally
- Inform local marketing messages, positioning and pricing
- Identify possible corporate investments et develop local ecosystem useful to growing the business
- Educate the local salesforce and third-party channels
- Analyse and keep abreast of key industry developments and the competitive landscape affecting ERS Finance & Risk customers & prospects and ERS Finance & Risk offerings to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Drive segmentation analysis across customer segments, to understand pain points, risks, channel need and develop go-to-market solutions to deliver improved customer experience and efficiency
- Design and execute primary and secondary outreach and build network of influencers.
- Lead the development and execution of business cases for new initiatives that impact targeted markets.
- Guide individuals to evaluate various types of analyses; develop detailed statistical analysis and models to identify potential revenue opportunities, sales deployment efficiencies or to support business management decisions.
- Guide cross-functional teams in implementing and monitoring the execution of the strategies in coordination with various internal departments.
- Lead initiatives to ensure the smooth running of initiatives targeted at these markets
- Ensure relevant MA individuals in the organization are kept up to date regarding key industry developments and the competitive landscape affecting MA's customers and MA offerings.
- Maintain open level of communication with Senior Members of the ERS and Sales Organization
- Available as a resource to other team members for guidance on target markets.
- Viewed across the organization as a valuable and accessible resource on their area of expertise.
- Superior ability to design and execute market research and market outreach.
- Proven ability to synthesize research and data to develop and test business strategies.
- Experience in creating and articulating business plans
- Solid experience with project planning and project management with proven ability to drive projects to successful completion.
- Experience working with data & analytics and utilizing that information to drive tangible recommendations. This includes an awareness of the developments in the space.
- Knowledge/comfort level with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Comfort with data modeling. Familiarity with data modeling tools such as SAS, SPSS.
- Expert knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills and research capabilities, with ability to deal with large data sets.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities, Determines and identifies specific cause of underlying problems and proposes innovative solutions.
- Develop ideas and business plans for new strategies. Review the ideas and business plans for other members of the team and fine tunes them for presentation.
- Condenses ideas, analysis and concepts into concise and impactful presentations, and presents to management in clear manner.
- Ability to consolidate work from multiple team members in to a single document with a consistent voice.
- Ability to manage multiple individuals and projects at the same time.
- Good working relationship with senior executives and managing and developing senior key stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary/cross-functional project working groups
- Work independently or in a small team setting against tight deadlines.
- Superior time management ability and demonstrated experience as a self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Consistently strives to deliver beyond expectations.
- Strong relevant experience in a strategy, product management, marketing, econometric modelling, sales or market research role in financial services industry or serving the financial services industry.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in a business-related discipline, graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) preferred.
- Thorough understanding of finance and risk management at banks, including deep knowledge of markets, products and trends from a strategy, planning and product development perspective.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.