Senior Scaled Agile Business Analyst - Global CMB
The role of the Senior Scaled Agile Business Analyst is to base within Commercial Banking. Some careers offer brighter prospects than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
When you think of driving growth do you focus on the customer? Do you get your energy from making things simple? At HSBC Global Commercial Banking we're leveraging our size and strength and investing in disruptive technological change to simplify the business. We are building a world-class organisation capable of high-paced, end-to-end transformation centred around our customers. We need innovative thinkers and doers to help deliver our ambition.
We invest in our people and have a variety of open roles in Commercial Banking. If you decide to join us, we will support your growth and development and provide you with the opportunity to be part of a significant commercial transformation. With the world's global bank, you will get the chance to work with and influence a wide range of businesses in the 50+ countries and territories where we operate, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals. You'll play a strategic role in driving our investments to success and delivering a customer experience fit for the future.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. In this role, you will:
Qualifications To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements;
- Lead requirements gathering and definition activities across both proposition and operating model within a scaled agile development environment
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Operating Model Lead to understand needs and document requirements utilising scaled agile frameworks
- Identify, review and analyse business processes and systems to understand design implications across Business, IT and Operations
- Document end-to-end delivery of changes from scoping and initial requirement elaboration, to release and evaluation including and any ongoing feature enhancements or changes
- Possess excellent Business Analyst skills
- Worked on scale agile implementations using any of the standard custom frameworks, Dad, Nexus, Less and SAFe; and
- Experience of Financial Services industry, including knowledge of payments and credit card products (C redit Card or Business / Corporate Cards)
- Evidence of successful delivery and of being able to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Background working in cross-functional teams to drive requirements capture; and
- Experience in business and process analysis, change initiatives & re-engineering.
- Confident and open to challenging existing protocols and processes.
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
- A broad understanding of financial budgets/statements/models, with experience of analysing data effectively for planning, forecasting and reporting
The base location of this role will be Aldwych, London. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Commercial Banking UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
When joining HSBC Commercial Banking UK, you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. We can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, we work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and we support them with several schemes and initiatives. We can't wait to tell you about our ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system! Recruitment Helpdesk
Telephone: +44 2078328500