Senior Software Engineer (C#.NET)
We are looking for a talented C#.NET developer with a passion for great software design to join the European structured finance desk in London and work on greenfield data-oriented projects, leveraging cloud technologies. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and enjoy collaborating with stakeholders to see projects through to completion. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a major player in the global capital markets and get exposure to the multi-trillion-dollar securitisation market.
Our development teams are mainly located in New York and San Francisco. This position has been created as part of a strategy to increase our development capacity on the ground in London, to drive forward projects that will support the continued growth of our European securitisation business.
- Developing C#.NET server processes and WPF applications
- Working with MSSQL databases
- Optimising and debugging code
- Collaborating with financial engineers
- Develop reusable frameworks/components. Researching and building POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and independently manage time. Has superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving.
- Drive adoption of new technologies to help us build better products
- Work with minimal guidance from senior team members
We also undertake application development in NodeJS, AngularJS, VBA and C++ so a candidate interested in expanding their technical skillset could have opportunities to do so on the job.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Exceptional knowledge of C# including LINQ.
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and SQL Server.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) design and implementation
- Experience with standard dev tools: Jira, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.