Senior Solutions Architect – Alexa Smart Home
DESCRIPTION The Devices & Digital Services team is seeking someone with a passion for being on the forefront of new technologies and enjoys thinking about the future of Voice Assistant applications. We are seeking a Senior Solutions Architect to help mold the future of how customers use voice to manage devices in their homes and businesses. This role will be on the forefront of a new technology - in an area that represents an evolution in how people interact with connected devices and services. You will wear many hats including technical adviser, technical account lead and development support. As you will be the "technical face of Amazon" for key strategic partnerships, you will utilize a unique combination of creativity, deep technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude to ensure our partners are able to take full advantage of Alexa's ability to make connected devices increasingly smarter.
Ideally, you're someone who can write code with the best of them, but also want to help guide the broader industry towards building incredible voice experiences that will wow customers. You have immediate credibility with technologists and developers at all levels, from students to CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You will also be able to think strategically about product and technical challenges. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we'd like to speak with you.
To be successful as a Senior Solutions Architect you will need to:
• Engage with partners' developers, architects, designers, hardware engineers, project managers, and management teams.
• Provide technical training and consultation to strategic partners.
• Manage complex projects end-to-end with significant bottom-line impact.
• Root cause partner issues and provide resolution to unblock development or improve Alexa smart home experience.
• Develop unique, compelling and exciting presentations and demonstrations of new Amazon technologies.
• Deliver persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers.
• Actively identify opportunities to deliver experiences that demonstrate what is possible with Smart Reordering with Alexa.
• Create thought leadership and world class knowledge capital, such as white-papers, blogs, code samples and development resources that can be used by other developers
• Advocate internally for developer features and functionality that will help facilitate a world class Alexa skills ecosystem.
• Lead the Solutions Architect function across Europe for a startup team within Amazon and work closely with senior solutions architects internationally to build best practices, tools, and systems that impact and scale the business.
• Identify, define, and execute the strategic initiatives we will pursue.
• Be scrappy. The Smart Home team operates like a start-up - we move fast, learn, and adapt along the way. We're looking for someone willing to roll up their sleeves as an individual contributor, solve problems using data and good judgement, and be comfortable working with a high degree of ambiguity.
• Be a leader and an influencer. You will be able to inform and influence developers' IoT product roadmaps and convince them of the benefits of Alexa Smart Home.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Proven senior level track record of experience in the design, coding and implementation of complex IT systems.
• Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect.
• This position is ideally based in London, UK.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field.
• Experience within smart home or broader IoT.
• Experience with speech-related hardware systems.