Senior UK Institutional Marketing Manager
Job Purpose Statement
In an increasingly globalised marketplace, Columbia Threadneedle's marketing functions support and inform clients and advisers across the world, while promoting our services to a global audience.
Whether in the wholesale or institutional sectors, our marketing function is structured to support clients. This means having the people and processes in place to ensure that our clients get the information they want, the way they want it; from hard copies to increasingly sophisticated digital channels.
Finally, we have the resources and expertise to invest in our brand and advertising around the world, ensuring we can deliver consistently and effectively on our key message - Your Success. Our Priority. Role Responsibilities
• Own Columbia Threadneedle's UK Institutional and Insurance marketing capability and support sales/distribution in developing Columbia Threadneedle's footprint and raising the company's profile as an Institutional solutions provider in the DC/DB/Trustee space.
• Create, manage and oversee the execution of the UK Institutional Marketing strategy, differentiating approaches to ensure they are appropriate to the target client-bases
• Lead and own the development of marketing strategies to complement relevant sales strategies, meeting business objectives to maximise opportunities with existing clients, previous and new enquiries, alongside tactical marketing plans for all products sold and the launch of new products and delivery of client solutions.
• Develop and project-manage well-structured marketing campaign plans for both existing strategies and new strategy launches using tools across the traditional marketing mix including thought leadership, advertising, webinars, advertorials, events, and multi-media
• Develop compelling messaging and collateral for Institutional product and solutions for investors (DB and DC/Consultants/Trustees) in the UK and execute campaigns to build awareness and promote engagement and consideration.
• Draft, edit, proof-read, update and ensure compliance of content for marketing materials including website, sales flyers, brochures, email campaigns, thought pieces, advertorials and other types of written marketing collateral
• Draw on own detailed understanding of the pension market place, including evolving market structure and dynamics, regulatory and political factors, competitor landscape and associated client needs/requirements to lead high impact initiatives.
• Act as the Marketing team Pension expert and work with Corporate Communications and Investment Content Team to initiate, originate and deliver market-leading marketing/investment communication and thought leadership and filter this to channel specific tactical thought leadership content.
• Produce and disseminate sophisticated, institutional quality, engaging content, presentations and marketing materials that positively position and differentiate Columbia Threadneedle.
• Work with the MI Data team to use insight on market trends, developments and key regional/local competitor information for planning and thought leadership idea generation.
• Work with Relationship Managers to select the most appropriate third party and proprietary events (including speaker platform) and then brief the Events Manager to manage all deliverables.
• Coordinate and work with Sales teams, Client Support and Investments, amongst others to ensure we meet client needs and provide effective client service. Develop and maintain good relationships with all appropriate Columbia Threadneedle teams.
• Develop and utilise strong digital techniques, to maximise content distribution and reporting.
• Manage the associated budget and internal reporting.
• Ensure activities adhere to TCF outcomes, regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
• Contribute to wider departmental / cross-functional projects when required. Desired Capabilities
• 9+ years of experience that combines marketing, communications, pensions and investments preferably with an investment management firm
• Educated to degree level with appropriate marketing qualifications either post-graduate or professional training
• IMC qualified or similar (desirable)
• Marketing qualification - CIM qualified or similar (desirable) About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.