Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION At Alexa Shopping we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their mobile devices through the Amazon apps. Integration of Alexa Shopping into these apps extends the cutting edge Alexa service, bringing voice and input to your devices. Join us and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
The Alexa Shopping group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop Natural User Interface (NUI) shopping experiences and microservices in London. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will interact with teams throughout Amazon and have an impact on our new services and the way shopping is done. You will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's (or above) Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proven record delivering scalable systems
• Clear architectural decision making expertise
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience building microservices
• Android or iOS, client development a plus
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs