Software Development Engineer - Alexa Text-to-Speech
This role can be based in either London, UK or Cambridge UK.
Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? Come join us! We're the Text to Speech (TTS) team at Amazon. We build best-in-class TTS solutions and create magical experiences on Amazon's growing portfolio of speech products.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Development Engineer passion for human languages and/or AI systems to join us in Cambridge, UK or Gdansk, Poland.
As a Software Development Engineer in text-to-speech, you will work with talented peers and lead the development and launch of core product features. Your work will be characterized by high scale, complexity and the need for invention. You'll need to be passionate about machine learning and understand how technology translates into customer experience. You will directly impact our customers and change the landscape of voice-based interactions. You can see and hear your code making a difference. How cool is that?
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Extensive professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with various processes in the full SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.)
• Knowledge of speech technologies and natural language processing
• Experience with machine learning
• Efficient technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with end-to-end agile software development