Software Development Engineer II
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights - we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies. Technology Function Overview
Our Tech function is scaling rapidly. We have invested heavily in our infrastructure and technology capability, enabling us to deliver innovative solutions and deep insight market intelligence to our clients. Through harnessing the latest tools and technology, we allow the business to work faster, more intelligently and we are uncovering more and more business opportunities as a result. We are also continuing to build a word class product team which will help take Third Bridge to the next level, and beyond. All this whilst we move from data centres to being fully hosted inside AWS.
We aim to hire talented, creative and versatile people that help us grow and make our technology better and faster. We promote language and framework agnostic approach, best practices in architecture and design, devops culture, autonomous and empowered teams, in a collaborative environment. Position Overview
We are looking to recruit a Software Development Engineer
to our Connections Engineering team who will work closely with our technical leads and software engineering managers to deliver software for internal and external users.
For internal users, we develop tools to help them with their daily work. This includes project and workflow management, communication, compliance, information search, facilitation of connection between clients and experts, knowledge capture and management. For our clients, we build services to enable them to access and make use of the content we produce and the expertise we share, supporting them throughout their investment cycles. Responsibilities
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Design, implementation, and deployment of software components that solve complex problems generating positive feedback
- Delivery of consistently high quality of work that the team trusts
- Rapid and uneventful code reviews, providing useful code reviews for changes submitted by others.
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain
- Making suggestions on improvements to your team's development and testing practices
- Maintaining strong working relationships with teammates and peers, including recognising discordant views and taking part in constructive dialogue to reconcile into cohesive solutions
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent problem solver implementing testable, maintainable and efficient components based on defined technology strategies and software engineering standards
- Have significant software engineering experience, understanding SOLID design principles, design patterns and the foundations of application development
- Demonstrate proven experience working in agile teams, identifying blockers and asking for help and guidance where needed
- Have a positive, solution-oriented and humble attitude, collaborating with others to improve development and operational processes
- Be open to explore new territories, experiment, fail and learn while actively seeking knowledge and opportunities to apply it
- Have the ability to work both independently and with colleagues to deliver software successfully
- Have proven experience in working with PHP 7.x and PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Zend
- Experience with AWS cloud environments (IaaS, PaaS and FaaS/Serverless), microservices, CI/CD, Docker
- Hands on experience with MySQL 5.x
- Experience in TDD / BDD and other testing practices
- Experience in Node.js
- Experience of NoSQL databases
- Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying.
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application.