This hedge fund, with a cool startup vibe, is the next big thing in Systematic Trading. Using the best technology and tools in the market, they are developing proprietary trading strategies, technology and algorithms to make tens of thousands of trades per second.
With technology being so central to the success of this company, relying heavily on the ultra low latency of trades and high performance code, this hedge fund proudly brands itself as 97% tech driven and 'more like a software house' than a bank. Working with a range of technologies - C++/Java/C# - they will consider any OO. Position:
An opportunity exists for several strong developers to join the EU development team based in London. With experience developing in OO languages [C++ or Java or C#] you will work on one of the core trading systems. While you need NO financial knowledge, you are expected to be willing to learn.
The role is business facing; working with the traders to implement new ideas and further enhance the in-house developed trading applications whilst maintaining scalability.
Your key responsibilities will be to produce the best trading tools in London. Finding new techniques on how to improve trading algorithms and systems as well as improving performance on the current system will be crucial. Requirements:
- Excellent OO knowledge [C++ / Java / C#]
- Degree (or relevant qualification - preferably Computer Science or numerate subject)
- Desire and ability to learn more, particularly about financial markets
- Pragmatic, open-minded and eager to learn from others
- Commercially aware, priorities in business context
- Strong team-oriented attitude with natural inclination to share and collaborate
- Understanding and experience developing mission-critical, performance-sensitive, real-time systems Experienced in multi-threaded, and preferably network, software development
- Cross-platform development (Windows and Linux)
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies - especially Scrum/Agile methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Incredible salary & bonus
- Informal dress code
- Daily catering - breakfast, lunch, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Chill-out area with pool table, table tennis, TV and Wii
- Competitive annual leave
- Health and life insurance
- Gym membership or commuter allowance (allowance only applicable to Amsterdam)
- Two discretionary performance-related bonuses a year
If this sounds like you, or you would like to know more, please get in touch. Andy Stirling-Martin