- Jan 12, 2021
Solution architect, Architecture, Java, C++, C#, 5 years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management Responsibilities:
- Aligned to the group architecture function this individual would have oversight of multiple programmes of work ensuring alignment to core principals, standards and process.
- They will get to work across multiple architecture domains, Application, Infra, Business and also insight into cross cutting concerns such as Security.
- They will be working with delivery functions to instil good architectural practice and enable the teams to deliver on the business strategy
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broad scope of projects, working closely with delivery teams that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Provide management and system solutions to large, strategic, complex system development projects involving multiple platforms, distributed processing, multi-tier client server and web-based applications ensuring alignment with the overall enterprise.
- Support, communicate and align technical skill development within the organisation.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Experience of designing and delivering service-based architecture and display a sound understanding of architectural and design principles
- Background of working in a financial or trading organisation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of key components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to work with developers in an inhouse and outsourced environment
- Significant enterprise systems development hands-on experience (C++, Java, C# or similar OO stack)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.