Solutions Architect - Amazon Chime
Do you like solving technical problems? Would you like to help customers come up with bold new ideas while bringing their feedback to the product teams to constantly improve AWS offerings? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to help customers succeed with their cloud computing efforts? Amazon Web Services is looking for Solutions Architects to help establish AWS as the market leader for Amazon Chime and related services.
Take the time to become an expert. Work with customers to understand their pain points. Help them imagine new customer service experiences using the Amazon Chime SDK, the AWS AI/ML services like Amazon Lex & Amazon Transcribe, and the related communications services.
This is a highly technical position for someone who can listen for customer challenges, review what's available, dive deep to create options, and build complex AWS-optimized architectures. Your broad responsibilities include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to the largest enterprises.
• Ensure customer success in building and launching Chime solutions.
• Work with customers' development teams and business stakeholders to understand their business and technical needs.
• Explain the AWS value proposition and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community.
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customer teams to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, partners, service engineering teams, and AWS Support.
• Travel (25-50% regional travel, when conditions permit safely doing so) to work with customers as needed. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building integrations across unified communications and contact centers
• Working knowledge of popular communications protocols and standards like SIP, RTP, and WebRTC
• 3+ years of customer-facing experience
• 5+ years of key roles implementing large-scale technical solutions
• Experience developing solutions and passion for building with code/scripts (e.g, python, java, c#, .NET, Node.js)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of experience taking a lead role in designing, and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Proficiency with WebRTC, Telecom, IP/RTP/VoIP concepts
• Experience building applications with frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue.js
• Familiarity with software development on AWS including Serverless development experience including complex integrations with AWS Lambda, Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis, and Amazon DynamoDB
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT call centers applications, and conversational interfaces
• Software Development / DevOps experience, preferably with integrating contact center platforms, CRMs, AI, and backend systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
Pursuant to the San Francisco or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us