Sr. Relationship Manager-GFS
This role will report directly to the Head of GFS UK Relationship Management and will have responsibilities covering the management of one or more GFS UK client relationships along with line management of one or more Relationship Managers. The key responsibilities of the role include driving sales and profitability, establishing ties with key client decision-makers, understanding the client's strategic goals, providing leadership for client driven product development initiatives, ensuring client satisfaction levels and establishing and maintaining relationship plans.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Driving sales and profitability management by ensuring long-term profitability of client relationships; cross-selling of additional products and jurisdictions to existing clients; pricing of new and additional business opportunities for existing clients; and conducting fee negotiations
• Developing a complete understanding of client's business, objectives, goals and market challenges, and ensures relationship plan is consistent
• Providing Client Service Management by working closely with the Client Service Delivery Manager/s and Service Managers and other stakeholders within the operational teams to ensure smooth service delivery, and actively participate in project's covering client fund launches, mergers and closures, working closely with the various product teams
• Ensuring Risk Management by identifying, documenting and managing client-related risk issues; negotiation of contracts; managing service delivery with awareness of internal and external compliance requirements; awareness of product/counterparty credit/client credit risk; and ensuring adherence and understanding of Northern Trust's KYC/AML/TCF procedures
• Educating clients on emerging issues, bank products and services, regulatory/tax changes, and the general environment, advising the client of the impact on the client's business and on our own services
• Direct management of one or more Relationship Managers within the GFS UK Relationship Management team, conducting the performance management process, identifying training and development needs and input to performance standards for the team.
• Active participation in the GFS UK Relationship Management leadership team. The competencies we seek include:
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Extensive client facing experience
• Technical / digital proficiency
• Effective prioritisation
• Organisational adaptability
• Personal Accountability
• Management of direct reports The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Experience in financial client servicing, relationship management, sales and/or marketing
• Extensive knowledge of the funds business and fund structures including Middle Office Outsourcing, Fund Administration and Global Custody (onshore and offshore fund structures) usually acquired through related work experience
• Extremely strong interpersonal skills to deal with 'C' Suite client representatives and Executive Management within NT.
• Previous exposure to and comfort with dealing with client management
• Highly articulate with good communication skills. Good networking contacts and abilities
• Ideally have worked extensively with investment management outsourcing and fund administration clients
• A good understanding of the current IT and Data landscape as it pertains to the services provided to enable meaningful discussion with clients and understanding of the clients strategy.
• Ability to present and motivate. Excellent project management skills
• Team management experience
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.