Sr Solutions Architect
DESCRIPTION The Alexa International team in London is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect who will help shape the future of Alexa, speech recognition, and cloud-based content and services. If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer obsession, curiosity and creativity, you may just be right for the Alexa Solutions Architect role.
In this role, you will be working with Solution Providers to help integrate Alexa into new services and create incredible experiences using Alexa that will wow our customers. As a Solutions Architect in Alexa Everywhere, you will perform three main functions - (1) provide technical expertise to brands, agencies, and service providers, (2) convey best practices to integrate Alexa in devices and build skills rapidly and at scale, and (3) work with Alexa product teams to build the best features for service providers and customers.
You have immediate credibility with technologists and developers at all levels, from developers to CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. With your unique blend of business and technical skills, you will influence Alexa product and service teams to create the best experience for our customers. You will also be willing to get your hands dirty to demonstrate concepts that will delight our customers. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we would like to speak with you.
• Build and nurture trusted relationships with business and technical teams with Solution Providers to facilitate the integration of Alexa into their products and services
• Educate developers, architects, hardware engineers and project managers on Alexa and participate in architectural discussions to ensure their solutions are designed for successful deployment
• Steer complex projects with significant bottom-line impact
• Document best practices and create development and support resources
• Capture customer requirements and influence Alexa product teams to define requirements and build features that create the biggest impact
• Help Alexa business development identify key opportunities and brief Amazon executive teams on progress in adopting Alexa
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • A technical undergraduate degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
• Significant experience in mobile, software or digital in technical role
• Significant experience in the design, coding, and implementation of consumer applications
• Experience with two or more development languages such as Node.js, Python, Java
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both with technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • An advanced degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related discipline
• Experience in enterprise integration and/or smart properties support
• Experience with cloud-based architecture and software deployment, preferably with AWS
• Hands on development experience of mobile app development pipeline and process
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as Consultant, Solutions Engineer, Solutions Architect, Technical Program Manager, Product Manager, Technical Pre-Sales Engineer