Technical Solutions Architect
Technical Solutions Architect
Post Trade and Clearing systems are complex mission-critical system which are under constant competitive pressure, regulatory scrutiny and a zero-appetite for errors or downtime. Technical functionality is a vital aspect of these systems. It is as important as 'business' functionality these systems provide. The systems should be configured and fine-tuned for minimum operational risk Further the system should be thoroughly tested to make sure that fault tolerant and performance as per customer expectations.
As our thought leader and subject matter expert, the Technical Solution Architect is responsible for all operational and non-functional requirement of the Post Trade and Clearing system.
Over time, the effectiveness of this individual will be measured by improvements in:
- Automation of production operations cycle
- Customer satisfaction
- Preparedness and success of go-live
Some of the responsibilities of the Technical Solution Architect are given below. This is not an exhaustive list. The individual is expected to perform the activities required to keep meeting the key objectives outlined above.
- Act as the first line of contact for any technical queries where by reducing the burden on delivery teams
- Drive the continuous fine tuning of systems to meet stringent non-functional requirements on performance, resilience and functionality.
- Conceptualize and contribute to technology and product architectural decisions related to application operations and non-functional requirements.
- Manage client communications including technical discussions, status updates and management updates.
- Working with delivery teams to ensure that non-functional requirements of the customer are met and tested, and a unified release process is followed across all the products while making sure that customer expectations are met or fulfilled.
- Act as the product owner for non-functional requirements of the implementations and own the technical backlog.
- Provide implementation expertise and assistance for setting up the production system, including operations cycle, application automation and monitoring frameworks and third party integration points.
- Coordinate infrastructure provisioning, baseline testing, security patching related activities with relevant teams in LSEG Technology, and making sure the deliveries are meeting customer requirements and timelines.
- Provide UAT/ OAT test phases and Go-live assistance as the first point of contact for any technical issues/queries.
- Plan and oversee Technical, non-functional and operations support resource requirements for the test phases and go-live.
Enter key behaviours and skills required to be successful in the role:
- Over 10 year work experience and 5 years in working in similar capacity
- Experience in taking Post Trade and Clearing products live for tier one markets
- Experience in managing non-functional requirements of mission critical systems
- A degree in Bachelor of Science or Information Technology
- Ability to present and communicate highly technical functionality of product in non-technical language
Posting date - 04 / 06 / 2019
Closing date - 04 / 07 / 2019
Salary - Competitive
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee's potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice
carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained. If you would like this information to be removed from the London Stock Exchange Group HR database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . If you choose to have your information removed, you will be removed as a candidate and we will not be able to progress your application for opportunities at the London Stock Exchange Group.