See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal controls using a risk based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analysing and testing the controls to protect the franchise.
Technology Audit provides system audit coverage for applications supporting each of Morgan Stanley's business segments. It also includes the Enterprise Infrastructure audit team, which covers the Firm's operating systems, platforms and data architecture.
The position focuses on understanding, analysing, and reviewing application controls supporting the Firm business and product areas. Audit reviews cover areas including:
• Application processing integrity.
• Data analysis, functional reviews, access and entitlements review.
• Application support and operations, system resilience and special projects.
• The role will provide significant variety and potential for technical and professional development across an unrivalled product breadth. Qualifications:
• Understanding of audit objectives and concepts, e.g., risk and control assessment.
• Experienced in conducting application reviews.
• Worked closely with financial auditors.
• Enjoys a good relationship with both business unit and IT auditees.
• Requires minimal supervision in conducting audits.
• Ability to design and execute effective audit testing.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, in particular related to audit practices, e.g. client interviewing, drafting of audit issues and presentation of audit results
• Degree educated or equivalent (preferably a technical/IT related degree).
• IT Audit/Security related professional certifications (CISA, CISM, etc).
• Understanding of control frameworks, e.g. COBIT, ITIL, ISO17799, COSO, CMMI, COCO.
The salary for this role is Competitive.
The closing date for applications is 06/07/2019
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.