Test Engineer 12 month FTC London based Large Insurance client
Reporting to the Senior Test Engineer, or Head of Testing, this role will deliver test activities for changes to in-house developed applications, new internally developed applications and third party supplied systems. The test activities will include the following and be delivered for both the small change and project portfolios:
- Development of test plans
- Analysis of test requirements and creation of test scenarios and scripts
- Execution of test scripts
- Tracking and reporting on test progress
- Initially the role will be heavily focussed on data testing, specifically in a data warehousing environment. Therefore experience in analyzing ETL mapping documents and creating complex SQL scripts based on ETL mapping documents will be needed to aide test execution and validation.
- Where possible automation tests will be developed to validate results. Therefore the jobholder they must have a strong technical background and a thorough knowledge of suitable test automation frameworks and tools used to validate ETL processes and large data volumes. They will be expected to deliver automation testing in line with MS Amlin's standards and frameworks, and build on the current automation capability.
- A working knowledge of Agile is also essential and an understanding of DevOps cultures and approaches highly desirable.
- The job holder will work closely with other test engineers, with the application development teams and business representatives. These can be technical, in depth conversations so experience in the insurance domain is essential
- Excellent communication skills are a clear advantage as is attention to detail, proven time management skills and a creative approach to problem solving.
- The individual is expected to continue developing their expertise in test tools and automation frameworks, and help drive the testing function forward to improve efficiency and repeatability through the delivery of process and efficiency improvements. They must be able to work effectively both on their own, with minimal supervision, on small changes and within a larger team when working on more complex areas of change.
- Background within the Insurance Industry
- SQL and data analysis experience
- Knowledge of Quality Management
Experience of test planning and analysis in a data warehousing environment
Experience of delivering automation testing
Experience of working in an agile environment
Strong Technical background