Trainee ITEC Business Analyst - Information Technology - United Kingdom
Description of the Business Line or Department - Summary of the business, coverage, services
To provide IT systems and services including ITEC (Applications) and GTS (Infrastructure) to Kleinwort Hambros either directly from within the department, or via an outsourced arrangement with another SG department or entity, or from an external vendor and to meet or exceed the targets according to the SLAs.
To ensure that the provision of IT services and systems and improvements to those systems are consistent with the Hambros IT Strategy.
To provide IT and business analysis and development elements of all projects to ensure the project objectives are met.
To provide advice and guidance to the business on improvements to processes where they may involve an IT element Summary of the key purposes of the role
• To undertake business analysis, under supervision from a member of ITEC management or SBA, on the IT elements of Central or Local business projects or other business workstream
• To provide application support to local and group IT Business Applications as used by the Private Banks and Trust Companies.
• To provide support to other members of the ITEC team and Project team on IT related projects. Summary of responsibilities
• To undertake IT business analysis and work diligently towards the deadlines dictated by business projects or workstreams.
• To be involved in the liaison with the business / management and the timely creation of functional specifications and other relevant documentation, based on "Business Requirements" documents having been received.
• To work with the developers, internal and external, to deliver the required developments in line with the agreed timescales and raise alerts should risks of late / non delivery be identified.
• To be involved in SIT and liaison with the end users in relation to UAT.
• Acting as a point of contact between the project teams in each location and being involved in the creation, regular review and update of the IT issues log. Providing regular feedback to the local IT Co-ordinator, Project Manager and other IT management, including the responsibility for raising prompt alerts should the need arise.
• To ensure own time tracking and involvement in HO Reporting is completed on time.
• To be responsible for providing high quality application support for our business applications.
• Where relevant, to ensure all issues raised with external providers is documented and monitored regularly and any alerts raised as required.
• Act as Local Application Manager when as applicable: 1.
Supports the Primary accountable party for the entity on IT side for the efficient, secure and continuous run of the application deployed locally. 2.
Supports the Principal contact for all IT processes in the local application lifecycle (change management, UAT, go-live, governance...). 3.
Supports the Coordination of local IT activities (interfaces, GTS, Security,...) in relation to the application. 4.
Supports the principal contact on coordination/communication between the business area, the local development team(s) and CoE team, 5.
Supports on the releases deployment during the project (preparation, local dev, UAT...) and the support lifecycle of the application 6.
Accountable for service availability and capacity management in relation with local PRD support manager and CoE. 7.
understands and supports the Principle to ensure that the application is compliant with the local information security SAFE standards. 8.
Is accountable to assess and manage the local operational risks of the application
• Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships Level of Autonomy and Authority
The ability to work under supervision, or as part of a team, to analyse issues and document solutions.
Profile required Competencies
• Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
• Knowledge and experience of IT Business Analysis within the UK finance and banking industry.
• Experience working on a systems integration project.
• Understanding of all phases of the IT project lifecycle.
• Practical experience of having worked with end users on the definition, creation and review of Business Requirements documents.
• Understanding of a Functional Specification Documentation
• Practical experience of having worked with internal and external development teams.
• Applied understanding of SIT cycles and UAT cycles
• Practical experience of having provided post implementation application support
Experience of providing high level application support WORK EXPERIENCE
Previous experience within an IT department would be an advantage. EDUCATION
You will have English and Maths GCSEs at Grade C (4) or above. LANGUAGES
Fluent English essential.
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.