Transfer Agency Oversight Analyst - Asset Management
- £400 - £450 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 23 Apr 19
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the asset management arm of a leading investment bank. Our client is seeking a Transfer Agency Oversight Analyst to join an established team for an initial 6 month period. The team is responsible for servicing the sales teams and investors of the Luxembourg, Ireland and Cayman domiciled collective investment products. The successful candidate will be a bright, ambitious candidate with knowledge of transfer agency functions/workings.
Trading & Cash Oversight:
- Oversight and supervision of investor trade and transfer requests, cash/trade reconciliation and settlement, processed by the external TA vendor.
- Interactive investor flow notification with the liquidity funds’ portfolio management teams.
- Co-ordination and execution of fund dividends and TA bank account related processes, such as bank charges, interest claims, commissions, tax payments and foreign exchanges.
- Automation and integration of trading, settlement, reporting and service solutions to investors, in conjunction with the distribution services team.
Rebate & Trailer Oversight:
- Implementation and maintenance of Distribution and Rebate agreements as well as the ongoing calculation of trailer and rebate fees, working closely with sales, legal, product development and portfolio management teams.
- Perform monthly and/or quarterly controls around the rebate and trailer processes with the aim of reducing errors and increasing accuracy, as well as continuing to improve existing controls and carrying out ad-hoc reviews as required.
The following items are applicable to either oversight role;
- Ongoing review and maintenance of internal policies and procedures with a view to increasing automation, scalability, and outsourcing of tasks to external vendors with appropriate controls and cost efficiencies
- Participate in the ongoing vendor management program.
- Set up and maintenance of investor data for reporting to sales, controllers and management teams.
- Co-ordination of new fund and share class launches and set-up on internal and external systems and platforms, working closely with distribution services, product development and the funds group teams.
- Provision of management/board reporting, and information for ad-hoc management requests.
- The candidate will be required to work with senior members of the division and cover both day to day and project related tasks relevant to the activities mentioned in the summary above.
- Bachelor's degree with good academic record or equivalent gained through relevant work experience in the banking/asset management industry.
- High level of accuracy and the ability to maintain this standard whilst under pressure from reporting deadlines.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and multi-tasking skills with ability to set own priorities.
- Highly motivated and team focused but able to work independently to solve problems.
- Exposure to project based work, especially with thinking through and delivering policy and process improvements.
- Knowledge of transfer agency function/workings.
- Knowledge of offshore mutual fund transfer agent operations, processing, and compliance standards.
- Knowledge of multi currency domestic/cross border payments.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum or Sam van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference TM50397.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.