- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
VP - EMEA Payroll Manager
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe role will be responsible for developing and driving the EMEA payroll strategy at Moody's.
- Drive the development and execution of 16 country payrolls across the EMEA region.
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of 4 professionals
- Drive cost reduction across payroll platforms in the region, adopting standardised services where possible to ensure operational effectiveness
- Own the outsourcing relationship with Payroll Providers, including contracts, financials, and performance management
- Serve as lead payroll representative on payroll related projects with regards to both strategic direction and requirements, ensuring all proposed changes are fully understood and executed
- Responsible for all system implementations affecting payroll and supporting implementation of any new payroll and or benefit related platforms.
- Utilize metrics to measure process performance, drive process discipline, and support continuous improvement
- Responsible for succession planning and strategic hiring for the team
- Coordinate required actions with senior management stakeholders in Finance, HR, Legal, international accounting firms and international tax agencies
- Responsible for the end-to-end Payroll process, including preparation, processing, post-Payroll, and tax filing, in coordination with the outsourced payroll solution provider
- Ensure SOX compliance and control requirements are met and coordinate and manage the production of all SOX deliverables
- Support internal audit and audit requests, as necessary
- Support HRBPs to help resolve Payroll issues, irregular payments, employee or vendor inquiries
- Oversee the preparation of required reports or payments to government agencies, insurance companies, or other organizations
- Recommend ongoing process improvements to improve the quality and cost of Payroll services
- Remain current on all EMEA and local regulations involving payroll matters
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing by country
- Write and review all payroll procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance of SOX and external audit requirements
- Provide final approval for all payments, including net pay, third party payments and payroll related invoices.
- Understand payroll related accounting principles, partnering closely with the accounting and finance team on a regular basis
- Proven experience an EMEA Payroll Manager
- Extensive technical International payroll experience preferred
- Continuous process improvement experience as well as experience leading initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience as functional business owner working with payroll systems
- Experience working cross functionally with IT teams on enhancements and implementations
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiates well in difficult situations, with a deep sensitivity to cultural and regional differences
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Strong customer focus.
- Highly organised and efficient
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Work using own initiative and without close supervision
- Must be a self-starter and be comfortable managing a team working on projects dealing with complex, sensitive and confidential issues
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.