VP of Market Advocacy & Innovation
MARKET ADVOCACY AND INNOVATION RESEARCH EMEA Role Purpose:
Representing Northern Trust within the industry and providing advocacy in relation to industry change together with deep research into the FinTech sector to support business incubation through the group.
The position requires a commercially astute individual to assist in identify new revenue opportunities linked to our innovation agenda.
The role incorporates senior level interaction within Northern Trust, together with external senior interaction with key industry bodies, regulators and the FinTech community in order to positively influence market change in line with Northern Trust's strategic direction. The role also calls for the partner to leverage intelligence and research to identify opportunities to support Northern Trust's C&IS business leaders and Management Group with strategic decisions within the enterprise. Principal Responsibilities
• Actively engage with industry bodies (industry groups, regulators) to contribute to the shaping of market change in line with Northern's vision
• Shape market change in line with NT's strategic direction by supporting the positioning of partners on key influential industry bodies and by engaging with financial services firms, technology firms and challenger organisations
• Inform the bank's strategic approach to technical innovation, investments and developments
• Identify and framing new business opportunities
• Providing active leadership and research to capture and inform partners on emerging trends, opportunities and threats to Northern Trust's enterprise (Through research and external engagement, identify opportunities and threats together with macro industry themes affecting Northern Trust's enterprise)
• Shape ongoing research into the threats, impacts and opportunities from new technologies, market disruptors and challenger firms to inform strategic decisions across the enterprise
• Distribute through multiple channels research findings to Northern' s partners' engagements
• Demonstrate thought leadership in the form of internal partner education
• Ongoing assurance of MA&IR framed initiatives Required Knowledge / Skills
• Proven industry skills with a track record of identifying industry trends
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships across Northern Trust's enterprise and key external industry groups
• Ability to influence and persuade at all levels
• Senior stakeholder management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.