Vice President Senior Audit Manager - Finance and Conduct
EMEA Internal Audit Office (EIAO), as the Bank’s third Line of Defence, and in accordance with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards (IIA Standards), provides independent assurance to the Board and Executive Management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the Bank’s objectives.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia.. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vison to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do. We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group’s operating companies include, but are not limited to, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Audit Manager Finance and Conduct is responsible for executing and delivery of Finance and Conduct audit engagements assigned by the Chief Auditor and Head of Audit. They will work within the wider team on the scoping, planning and delivery of these engagements to ensure they cover the appropriate key risks and related key controls, including the follow-up of issues raised. They may be required to conduct fieldwork, often taking a supervisory and lead role in the audit engagement.
• Supporting the Head of Audit to maintain areas of the audit universe and the related risk assessment, ensuring that risk assessments are up to date and accurate. Assist the Head of Audit deliver continuous monitoring assignments for a set ensuring the effectiveness of continuous monitoring which underpins audit activity and areas of focus.
• Establish and maintain strategy and approach papers for entities and risks within their Head of Audit portfolio, as directed.
• Seek opportunities to improve risk coverage (within their specialist areas) on a global basis.
• Utilise subject matter expertise, knowledge of the business and wider industry knowledge to influence the audit plan and the risk assessments applied to the Finance and Conduct audit universe.
• Ensure high quality standards for audit files and opinions in line with Methodology / QA requirements.
• Ensure timely and efficient delivery and execution of audit assignments within agreed timelines/milestones.
• Ensure audit reporting and MI is accurate and complete (e.g. Monthly Control Reports, Audit Committee reporting etc).
• Maintain constructive relationships with senior stakeholders so that audit planning and delivery are achieved smoothly and professionally.
• When leading an audit, deliver audit reports which are insightful, factually based, impactful and robust, and require minimal rewrite by the Head of Audit.
• Champion the implementation of methodology best practice through audit engagements, leading by example.
• Display very strong appreciation of risk and control in banking.
• When leading audits, responsible for agreeing draft Management Action Plan for reports and checking for robustness of actions and proposed timelines, prior to approval by relevant Head of Audit. Ownership of follow-up and validation of audit issues raised.
• Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally to ensure that the quality of work produced globally continues to advance. On occasions, be required to act as lead on Global Thematic Audits.
• Attend Bank forums as a Subject Matter Expert when requested.
• From time to time, may also be required to take a lead role in non-‘BAU’ initiatives e.g. a working group.
• Experience of working in Internal Audit, or related function (Finance) within the Financial Services Sector.
• Knowledge of Finance areas eg Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Management Reporting, Tax and Product Control.
• Good understanding of accounting standards eg IFRS and USGAAP.
• Experience in auditing treasury and liquidity risk management functions with a major financial firm.
• Knowledge of asset liability management as well as fixed income and derivative products.
• Understanding of interest rate risk in the banking book.
• A good understanding of the regulatory environment, in particular the FCA and PRA Handbooks.
• Experience in compliance and regulations driven audit work conducted across Regulatory Conduct risk, Market Abuse rules, MiFID 2, etc.
• Good understanding of corporate and wholesale markets either in an investment banking or commercial banking firm.
• Experience of working in a similar audit function for a major corporate/investment bank.
• Good experience working on change initiatives in an audit or advisory capacity
• Experience of auditing or advising on business strategy or strategic processes.
• Knowledge of how to use data analytics to drive continuous risk monitoring and perform audits.
• Strong understanding of and experience in providing assurance over compliance with the regulatory requirements relating to corporate banking and global markets products including interest rate benchmarks eg LIBOR submissions.
• Experience in auditing liquidity risk methodologies and their application eg including stress testing methodology (scenario development & implementation), liquidity funding plan and the risk limits.
• Experience gained in the relevant first or second line of defence treasury functions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• A strong understanding of finance, risk management and audit within the banking sector, with an in depth understanding of corporate/investment banking.
• Strong subject matter expertise within finance, risk (including IT), compliance (including conduct), business operations, processes, products and controls is required. The candidate should understand regulatory requirements and minimum standards as they apply to the banking sector.
• Strong understanding of projects and change in banking.
• Strong acumen regarding auditing methods and industry practises is preferred.
• A good knowledge of key corporate events including significant business process changes, regulatory change, introduction of new products and services, outsourcing decisions and / or acquisitions/divestments.
Education / Qualifications:
• Higher education and equivalent industry qualifications and experience e.g .ACA, ACCA, ACT etc
• Relevant industry qualifications e.g. CIA, ACCA, ACA, ACT, CF, ICA are desirable but not essential.
• Project Management qualification.
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• A creative and innovative approach to work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
• Strong numerical skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Advertisement Closing date 14/11/2018 COB
Competitive Salary & Benefit
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.