Vice President / Director Investment Banking M&A - Natural Resources
- Highly Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Coaching Assembly
- 19 Oct 18
Position for a Vice President in Natural Resources / Oil & Gas to join a global platform.
Our Client aims to become a trusted M&A adviser to listed companies, private companies, financial investors, and management teams, helping them grow their businesses and meet their strategic and financial objectives.
Their deep industry-sector knowledge means they regularly identify proprietary M&A opportunities for their clients. They are also experts in the financial, ownership, and legal structures of transactions.
The Firm’s work with sources of private capital means they interact with financial investors such as private equity firms, family offices and other private investors who may be looking to buy or sell a business or asset, which gives us access to significant buy- and sell-side deal flow.
Role and responsibilities overview
- The main purpose of the role is to extend Our Client’s EMEA Oil & Gas execution and origination capabilities in natural resources M&A (principally upstream oil & gas)
- Leadership and management of M&A deal execution
- Development of key client documents to secure and execute transactions
- Development and oversight of information infrastructure to differentiate their offering
- Strategic, tactical and technical advice for client transactions
- Creative ideas for clients, with the strategic and technical advice to close them
- Developing junior team members with your outstanding modelling skills and high standards, to create room for you to develop
- Sincere preference for teamwork and a team culture, and an energetic contribution to the ambitions of the natural resources team
- Build a centre of excellence for oil & gas within the London advisory community
Knowledge and skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in oil & gas investment banking at an investment bank, boutique advisory firm, professional services firm or in-house team
- Experience managing A&D and M&A transactions (whether closed or not), including SPA & LoI negotiation
- Excellence in PSC and upstream fiscal modelling
- Outstanding attention to detail and high standards in all work
- Intolerance for institutional ‘face-time’ or politics: a bias to delivery
- Maturity to liaise directly with client management
- Aspirations to transition to an origination role
- Positive contribution to a supportive, collaborative team culture
- Knowledge of EMEA oil & gas assets and their owners
- Any level of experience in debt advisory
- Willingness to co-operate on mining M&A transactions should they occur
- Experience working to exceptionally high standards