Role – Windows Infrastructure Engineer Location – London Salary £55,000 to £65,000 Core Purpose of the role: Responsible for the support and maintenance of BlueCrest’s Windows and Automation Services, offering leading technologies to enhance and support our business. A Windows Infrastructure Engineer, with a broad range of skills and understanding of Windows Technologies, Hosted and On-Premise system integration with a focus on standardisation, achieved with automation and orchestration.
Delivers excellent levels of service to the business, understanding key business processes with a firm understanding on how solutions we deliver aid and develop our growing business. Understands and involves themselves in the critical BAU and technology service delivery elements in a time sensitive environment, whilst being innovative and implementing new solutions to enhance business performance.
Abilities of scoping, designing, planning, implementing and supporting new and existing technology initiatives where solutions are openly shared and cross training of other team members performed.
Key Capabilities / Knowledge:
- Strong Windows Services Knowledge –Demonstrable experience of implementing and integrating multiple solutions delivered across an enterprise with a global footprint
- Working toward or achieved Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE):
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server Virtualization and Clustering with Windows Server, Hyper-V and Microsoft System Center Suite (SCOM/SCCM/SCVMM)
- Knowledge of wider server Infrastructure and related domain services
- Knowledge of Messaging (MS Exchange 2010 –2016, Blackberry Work)
- Experience of Windows systems administration and integration using scripting skills in PowerShell
- Experience or knowledge of automation and orchestration techniques of platform services using Ansible Core
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop advanced design, implementation and support
- Experience in BMC Control-M, administration and scheduling or equivalent platform
- Experience in Varonisor equivalent audit platform
- Experience in server hardware implementation, maintenance and monitoring (HPE ideal)
- An understanding or knowledge of Block and NAS storage solutions and their platform integration points, including Fibre Channel (HPE ideal)
- Current in technology trends and directions
- A dynamic individual who is keen to learn new technology and platforms in an enterprise environment
- Technology focused and understands the need for rapid delivery whilst appreciating business constraints
- BAU: Develop and execute BAU maintenance plans across a wide portfolio of systems.
- Solutions: Involvement in the delivery of wide-ranging solutions across our platforms
- Roadmaps: Contribute to technology roadmaps to ensure clear direction whilst factoring in existing technology investments and the impact of change
- Process: Identify process improvements that deliver key business benefits and cost savings
- Vendor Engagement: Work with existing vendors and assist with evolving Service Agreements to ensure they offer flexibility whilst delivering maximum value to the business
- Risk Mitigation: Recognise and mitigate risks on new initiatives and ability to identify risks and remediation plans to existing environments
- Change: Drive and co-ordinate changes to ensure minimal business impact and contention
- Knowledge Sharing: Cross train, coach and help develop colleagues and give Technology info-shares