Windows Systems Engineer
DESCRIPTION Does working hard, making history and having fun resonate with your professional lifestyle?
The mission of the Corporate Infrastructure Team is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. A successful Windows Systems Engineer will drive the design and implementation of new services, find ways to improve and automate our existing services, and provide escalation and mentoring for junior team members. The right candidate for this position has a strong and diverse technical background that allows them to approach any problem with confidence and ingenuity. They must be a "lifelong learner", embracing the rapid innovations in technology and understanding how to leverage them to continue to improve our products. They will be "Customer Obsessed", working closely with our customers to understand their pain points and find resolution quickly and completely. They will have a keen eye for potential problems and inefficiencies, and the initiative and drive to provide a complete solution to the problem. The right candidate for this job must be able to communicate clearly and collaborate with others to deliver results with minimal supervision.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 5+ years of Windows Server Admin 2012/2016/2019
• Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• +2 years of practical Microsoft PowerShell scripting experience
• Ability to lift 50lbs of equipment (computers, monitors, etc)
• Ability to participate in on-call rotation with one hour response time to sites
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• AWS Certification related to DevOps/SysOps on AWS
• Advanced knowledge on above listed technologies
• Experience utilizing AWS cloud solutions in a DevOps environment
• Proven track record of building and operating infrastructure as code.
• Ability to plan, organize, and lead large projects
• Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skill
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification