Head of Strategic Credit Risk Oversight
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Nov 18
See job description for details
Join us as the Head of Strategic Credit Risk Oversight in London, Birmingham, Manchester or Edinburgh
- We're looking for a passionate and driven senior professional, to join the newly created Strategic Credit Risk team
- If you have a strong external market, economic, finance and risk background this role could be ideal for you
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for providing proactive insights into trends, identification of issues, and assessment of threats and opportunities across the Wholesale and Retail portfolios. As well as considering the impact of the economic outlook, external environment and market insights across RBS portfolios. You'll be providing senior stakeholders with proactive insights into trends, identifying issues, and assessing threats and opportunities across the Wholesale and Retail portfolios, and you'll lead the Credit Risk Oversight Team, to provide insightful analysis and challenge where appropriate.
Key role requirements include:
- Being externally focused - considering the impact of the economic outlook, external environment, regulatory developments and market insights across RBS portfolios
- Developing and maintaining long term relationships, including interaction with RBS economics and Investor Relations
- Providing independent challenge of portfolio performance, budget and stress test results
- Reviewing and assessing portfolio credit exposures, including portfolio risk and return dynamics, sector insights and opportunities for alignment
- Oversight and communication of RBS's top credit risks
- Leading RBS early warning indicator and emerging risk frameworks
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of key risk executive papers, including Board Risk Committee reports, quarterly investor relations presentations and ratings agency briefings
- Driving external benchmarking and peer analysis, liaising with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Attending Wholesale, Retail and Provisioning Risk Committees, as a delegate for the Head of Strategic Credit Risk where appropriate
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong stakeholder skills, the ability to manage a diverse matrix structure, and a good knowledge of credit risk regulatory requirements.
You'll also be required to have:
- Experience in producing senior committee level reports, including interpreting and challenging credit risk and financial data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex issues and technical information to senior management and Executive Committees
- Strong knowledge of the external market environment, and drivers of credit risk within the overall market and industry sectors
- A creative and innovative approach to solving complex problems, at both a strategic and technical level, with the ability to lead others to similar conclusions
- A track record of challenging the status quo, and identifying opportunities for process improvement and capacity creation
- Experience of successfully managing and building effective teams, attracting and retaining talent, as well as taking an active role in developing and mentoring at all levels
- An understanding of bank products
- An analytical and enquiring mind, with the ability to develop a range of options, in addition to communicating in an engaging and compelling manner
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.