Support Engineer - VBA
Why is this your next step? In this role you'll provide on-going support of critical Accurate reconciliation system as well as VBA-based financial operational systems.
How will you contribute?
- Work directly with an onshore/offshore IT support team responsible for operational performance of critical financial systems in the form of many macro-based spreadsheets.
- Level 2/3 responsibly and line of business point of contact responsible for daily and month-end billing cycle process.
- Continuously provide SME knowledge to promote the operational health and monitoring of production environment of corporate systems
- Demonstrate ability to meet or exceed organizational KPI metrics for MTTR, Problem, Incident, Service Requests ticketing and quality assurance.
- Support production escalations and manage issue through resolution to stabilize operational environment(s).
- Perform L2/3 analysis and engage directly with IT organizations (including, Development, Infrastructure and Database teams) to provide root cause, recommendations and resolution planning.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years of experience in IT support
- Windows Powershell/ shell scripting experience
- Very strong MS Excel / VBA experience
- Proven ability to troubleshoot application issues in a complex production environment
- Passion for recognizing and solving problems to deliver actionable business insights.
- 3 years programming experience using Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Excel and Access, SQL
- Excel Macro Scripting expertise using VBA
- Proven ability to support bespoke solutions to a high quality using appropriate technologies
- Proficiency with developing automations using Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Automations, and/or other Robotic Process Automation platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate
- Ability to deliver results and targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and the ability to work on their own initiative while being a strong team player
Join the Team. We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily. Join us now to realise your own future growth and success.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviours that we value in everything we do.