Senior Business Analyst, Internal Services - Gatwick, Reading, Cardiff or Milton Keynes
Your opportunity An opportunity to evolve the Business Analysis practice within Deloitte.
Working with a variety of stakeholders across the firm, this role will grant you the opportunity to use and learn traditional and innovative tools and techniques to demonstrate how Business Analysis can enable positive business change across Northern & Southern Europe.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Your role will enable the success of internal IT projects, by ensuring quality solutions are delivered to meet business needs. In addition, you will support the Head of Business Analysis to evolve the Business Analysis practice, including guidance to other Business Analysts.
Professional and business focused, with excellent process mapping, business writing and presentation skills, with experience of leading and/or mentoring other Business Analysts.
Specific responsibilities include;
Your work, your choice
- Working with Programme and Project Managers to deliver Business Analysis in a timely fashion, ensuring optimal quality and cost and superior customer experience through following a data driven and customer centric approach.
- Leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance service delivery.
- Harness and channel emerging ideas and global trends to improve the service and contribute to strategic direction, including delivery of cost savings and efficiencies.
- Understand the organisational strategy, help align people to objectives and set priorities and direction for the Business Analysis team.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of different business areas and stay up-to-date on industry/sector activities, marketplace trends, global trends, innovation efforts and leading practices to encourage others to act and innovate.
- Support and develop Business Analysts across the firm through, ensuring a consistent approach and show appreciation and provide encouragement to those you work with to drive high performance.
- Write high quality Business Cases, Use Cases, Requirements Catalogues and BPMN process maps in accordance with requirements of assigned work.
- Model strategy, capabilities, organisation and core processes and resource new projects
- Translate, drive and advocate change across ITS, addressing stakeholder and colleagues' issues effectively
- Function as a recognised specialist and trusted advisor in business analysis, accurately matching services to situations
- Support diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in the most appropriate regional office, such as Gatwick, Milton Keynes, Cardiff or Reading with the option to work from home where you do not have stakeholder meetings. Occasional UK travel will also be required.
This is a permanent opportunity, on a full-time basis.
However, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Your service line: Internal Services
- Strong written, verbal & presentation skills, with an ability to communicate and influence across different layers of the organisation.
- Ability to understand, interpret, present and challenge complex information to colleagues at all levels of the firm.
- Experience with successfully managing scope in challenging environments.
- Experience of developing & maintaining strong relationships with business stakeholders at all levels within the firm with the ability to challenge & influence where required.
- Competent with Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN), requirements elicitation techniques & Business Case writing.
- Possess relevant qualifications (e.g. BCS Diploma) or equivalent experience, and contributes to collaborative knowledge sharing channels
- A strong "can do" attitude with an ability to motivate colleagues to do the same.
- A role model in having a proactive approach, especially when managing stakeholder expectations.
- A role model as a team player with an ability to work collaboratively and positively with others in an open, friendly, flexible and facilitating manner.
- Professional and highly presentable at all times.
- Role model interpersonal skills, with gravitas to gain credibility and trust with senior staff.
- Diplomatic, yet persuasive with an ability to handle difficult conversations and confidently manage & influence senior stakeholders.
- An expert in logical/critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Confident and comfortable to work under pressure and manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work in a flexible environment, with an ability to decide which style of analysis and project delivery is appropriate.
- Desire to both develop individually in a lead role and support Head of Business Analysis to continually review and develop BA team methodology and ensure a positive perception of the team.
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175762