EY Assurance, Data & Analytics, Technical Senior Analyst- Newcastle
Data & Analytics - Senior - Newcastle - Permanent
We are recruiting for our Analytics Core Delivery Centre in Newcastle. This centre of excellence has been set-up to meet unprecedented market demand driven by three key industry developments:
- EY's business plan - "Vision 2020" - means growth and investment across our assurance business.
- Activity being taken by leading UK listed businesses to tender their audits has led to a wealth of opportunity for EY to win new business in the assurance space.
- An increased focus within EY on developing our analytics platform has seen this team rise in prominence within the business.
As part of Vision 2020 our goal is to produce the highest quality audits in the profession. By delivering innovative analytical support to the assurance team you will enhance both the value and quality of the audit work and enable EY to achieve this goal.
You will be joining this new team at an exciting time and will have the opportunity see the team and its offerings develop from the beginning. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing dynamic team who are changing how we deliver services to our clients. Job Description
Our clients tell us they want to be told something about their business they don't already know, they want insights they aren't getting from their systems and people. A role in Assurance Data & Analytics gives you great access to a vast array of clients and their Data, with your findings backed by the powerful EY brand.
Our clients range from household names, through to small businesses you simply wouldn't think exist. Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include:
Required Skills & Attributes
- Being a senior member of the hub team within Newcastle and the hub planning pod
- Planning analytics delivery for engagements across the UK
- Being a key member of the review pod, ensuring the highest quality work is produced and delivered by the hub team
- Identifying opportunities to make our work, more efficient or effective. Bringing innovative ideas in to the delivery team
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Doing all those things that a professional should, like thinking about data security, archiving, and quality
Ideally you'll also have a few of the following
- A willingness to learn, to work outside your comfort zone, achieving a common goal, supported by a team with diverse backgrounds across a range of geographies
- Evidence of a logical and detailed oriented mind, able to support our quality agenda and compliance requirements
- Experience owning deliverables, and performing detailed self-review of work
- Proven ability using technology and analytics to solve business problems, deliver insights, or create recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment whilst juggling multiple conflicting deadlines
- Great written and verbal communication, presentation and client service
- Strong team player with a solution focused attitude
- Considered a master user of Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Experience working with complex financial or transactional data
- A relevant accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or time qualified with strong all-round accounting knowledge
- Strong understanding of business and financial processes
- Experience of a high profile ERP system eg: SAP, Oracle, JDE, Navision
- Experience demonstrating or presenting software/tools to internal or external stakeholders
You will be rewarded with:
Who are we?
- A challenging role that provides the opportunity to expand your skill set and achieve your potential
- Exposure to some of EY's biggest and complex clients
- The opportunity to apply an innovative and creative approach to your work
- Flexible working as part of EY's flexible working policy
- A competitive remuneration package
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone's opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
To apply for this role please click the following link and send us a copy of your CV. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance .