Software Development Engineer in Test Automation
Software Development Engineer in Test Automation - 09777 Software Development Engineer in Test Automation Working with M&G Prudential as a Software Development Engineer in Test Automation means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation. If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. The Role:
We're working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. As part of this exciting transformation we are looking for an Automation Software Engineer in Test to work with us in Edinburgh or Reading.
As Automation Test Engineer you are working on building and maintaining the M&G Prudential Automation Test Framework.
They advance the QA community through sharing of best practice, mentoring others and leading the writing, debugging and refactoring of test code and automated test scripts. Key Responsibilities:
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Identify new and implement existing automation test frameworks to improve confidence in testing
- Build, run and maintain automation tests
- Report on test results
- Mentor and coach team members
- Evangelise risks arising from the automation test results
- A good working knowledge of different tools and techniques and can train others. Able to advise others on testing techniques and frameworks. Able to research, plan and train others within the team
- Able to think outside the box, ask the right questions and critically evaluate and communicate findings to a larger team.
- Leads investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing processes, driving the collection of information and creation of recommendations for improvements.
- Can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to determine solutions
- Able to design and execute a wide range of testing & non-functional testing techniques and communicate test results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Able to make decisions on the environment for testing and coaches others. Able to raise defects with the business and help prioritise them based on defect severity.
- Experience working in fast paced agile environments
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience contributing to, and achieving, continuous improvement goals
• University degree (computer science)
• Commercial experience working within the life and pensions sector.
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
Closing date for applications is 16 th July 2019