Infrastructure Tooling Technical Specialist - Splunk
Infrastructure Tooling Technical Specialist - Splunk Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Infrastructure Tooling Technical Specialist.
The role of the Infrastructure Tooling Technical Specialist is to provide full time product support and maintenance. Primary activities will involve Splunk administration in a Red Hat environment, data import, maintenance and system maturation. Secondary activities will involve providing assistance with the configuration of dashboards, report data and creation of artefacts for Exco meetings and analysis. The role would benefit from experience deploying and administering both Splunk and Red Hat but training will be provided.
In this role you will:
- Establish and develop working practises and system functionality in alignment with business strategies and roadmaps
- Work with the vendor to produce best practice solutions for the domain.
- Provide consultancy and guidance and collaborate with architecture, projects, and other engineering teams
- Provide 3rd Line support for the product.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of Splunk and platform usages within a distributed environment.
- Ability to work in a multi country, culturally diverse and time zone separated role.
- Good communications skills and ability to influence and communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong scripting background ideally with BASH, Python and regular expressions.
- Analytical with the ability to understand and resolve complex problems.
- System Admin skill-set Linux, UNIX and Windows.
The base location for this role is Sheffield. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Recruitment Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 2078328500