Manager- Fund Accounting Oversight
Responsible for all fund accounting functions outsourced by Northern Trust in Guernsey to both internal and external delegates. Represents the fund accounting business in Guernsey.
Purpose And Main Responsibilities
Fund Accounting Oversight
• Responsible for the oversight of fund accounting activities outsourced by NT Guernsey to offshore locations
• Conduct monthly service calls, preparation and follow up /record resulting action points
• Engage with senior fund accounting stakeholders in Ireland on a regular basis
• Conduct regular site visits to both Ireland and Luxembourg and preparation of written report detailing findings. Bi-annual oversight visit to client’s office in NY
• Be the fund accounting Subject matter expert for the business in Guernsey
• Ensure service level documents with delegates are reviewed on an annual basis
• Complete monthly reporting and annual certifications for the Guernsey Offshoring Oversight Team
• Be familiar with all live outsourcing issues and engaged in their resolution
• Partners with client service managers assisting them in resolving fund accounting issues where necessary
• Attend client due diligence visits and present on the oversight process for fund accounting
• Cultivate strong working relationships with delegates and internal stakeholders
Investment Restrictions Monitoring
• Responsible for the management of the partner completing investment restrictions checking for funds administered by Northern Trust , ensuring that investment restrictions monitoring is undertaken in an accurate and timely manner
• Review new business proposals from a fund accounting perspective
• Attend new business pitches where necessary to talk to fund accounting / oversight matters
Knowledge / Skills
• Technical knowledge of fund accounting and investment restrictions. Knowledge of general finance and portfolio management concepts acquired through formal education or experience. Skills in negotiation, leadership and service are necessary plus the ability to carry out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues. Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
• Experience in financial servicing preferably in trust or asset servicing
• Fund accounting and/ or oversight experience desirable
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Organises own workload and establishes priorities
• Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
• Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.