Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Tetbury, R12168 Summary Project Powertrain:
To work as part of a team delivering high quality commercial software products within agreed timeframes according to the requirement of the business. Products are typically used externally by customers. Roles and Responsibilities
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Participate as part of a project team to design, code, test and implement programs to support the portfolio management process.
- Use established testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release
- Provide input in establishing program and/or project budget and timelines
- Monitor and report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of project goals, recommend and implement corrective measures
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more professional experience of software development and database design
- Thorough understanding of one or more high level programming languages
- Thorough knowledge of technologies including Web, C#/.NET, .NET core, Web APIs, Angular
- Strong proven experience and knowledge with Transact SQL programming
- Analytical and problems solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation
- Able to share knowledge with the team
- Understanding of the full SDLC
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
- Familiarity with agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of Docker/cloud technologies or Scala would be an advantage
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.