Corporate Tax Manager, Tax Accounting
Join a growing, global commercial bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the core of everything we do. This is an important tax role that manages and supports our growing tax team focusing on managing our domestic and foreign income tax and non-income tax compliance and tax accounting and reporting. You will be working closely with proactive and fast-paced team focused on providing insights and delivery of innovative solutions. The position will build strong relationships with finance function and business line tax counterparts in the US and foreign corporate office. Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare worldwide GAAP tax provision (federal and foreign) and ASC 740 accounting, including footnotes, disclosures, permanent/temporary differences, discrete items, rate reconciliation, inventory of deferred assets/liabilities, taxes payable and deferred roll forwards/reconciliations, valuation allowances, tax rates, return-to-provision adjustments, and tax journal entries.
- Prepare tax journal entries for monthly, quarterly and annual book close process as well as correlating tax account reconciliations.
- Assist with compliance process for federal, state & local income taxes, including preparation of income tax returns and supporting schedules, quarterly estimated calculations, and drafting responses to tax notices and audits, etc.
- Document and maintain appropriate processes, procedures, systems, controls to ensure accuracy of financial statement tax provisions, disclosures and supporting analysis.
- Prepare tax reserves (FIN 48 & FAS 5) and related disclosures with respect to the U.S. and non-U.S. operations, including monitoring the tax environment to ensure that the tax reserves are reasonable and prepare any voluntary disclosures that may be required.
- Ensure all tax accounts/information is properly reflected in the financial statements, including income taxes payable, deferred assets/liabilities, provision for income taxes (current and deferred provision), tax adjustments in the statement of cash flows and stockholders' equity as well as coordination with the Company's auditors.
- Monitor and document the control environment and ensure that all SOX controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively while ensuring no deficiencies from a tax perspective.
- Research and interpret federal and state tax statutes, regulations, and rulings, as well as local tax ordinances to ensure that the company is compliant\
- Perform various analyses to arrive at tax efficient strategies and structures in order to maximize tax savings or minimize tax exposure.
- Recognize opportunities within the department to obtain best practices as they relate to accuracy, efficiency and timeliness using technology and assist with implementation.
- Support tax audits with respect to U.S. operations and properly responding to all information document requests (IDRs).
- Maintain a coordinated line of communication with commercial business and key company resources in the finance and business organizations as business and tax requirements change and make related recommendations.
- Support tax planning and special project work, as needed.
- Assist Senior Manager in the identification of ongoing training and professional development needs of the tax team and other departments on income tax topics where needed.
#LI - 128887066_LH1 Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent - MST or CPA preferred.
- Seven or more years of public accounting or corporate tax experience, preferably with federal, state and local compliance experience.
- Strong analytical, tax technical and research skills required.
- Ownership of areas of responsibility and accountability in providing accurate and timely deliverables.
- Banking industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ASC 740 income tax accounting is required.
- Ability to write technical memos and prepare presentations that are clear and persuasive, for both tax professionals and business partners.
- Ability to clearly articulate expectations and desire to develop associates.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred. Proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook). Fundamental knowledge of OneSource Income Tax essential and Oracle experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be result-driven, collaborative, and detail-oriented.