Finance Business Systems Manager
We are searching for an experienced F inance Business Systems Manager
who will be responsible for leading the maintenance and business support functions for our Finance Applications. Primary support will center on PeopleSoft Application and related processes with expanded responsibility to centralize support of other Finance applications when and where it makes sense.
The Finance Business Systems Manager must be familiar and conversant with accounting and financial standards as well as control standards as required within Sarbanes Oxley. He/she must demonstrate a strong understanding of data governance standards and provide thought leadership in the development and enhancement of process and systems.
The candidate must possess excellent leadership and communications skills and have a proven track record of delivering results as both a team leader and project participant in large, complex, multi-year initiatives.
The Finance Business Systems Manager must demonstrate independent thinking, take a lead role in integrating within the system and process eco-systems to identify improvement and automation opportunities and needs, drive alignment across diverse stakeholder groups and develop and lead the implementation of project objectives. This would include system upgrades and patching or full scale application and process transformation. He or she must demonstrate pro-active risk identification and mitigation mindset to be successful in this role. Primary Responsibilities:
· Provide oversight and leadership to outsourced systems administration team with goal of moving from transactional excellence to Value-Add support
· Play a lead role in the day-to-day maintenance of PeopleSoft including issue resolution acting as central point of contact for all Business Users of PS application.
· Evaluate end to end maintenance processes and implement standardized processes which will allow SVB systems to scale quickly.
· Partner with Technologies to support all Finance teams in the identification, translation and documentation of business requirements resulting in systems-driven solutions.
· Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to automate maintenance processes including reconciliation of data, reporting, and analysis. Support continuous improvement and evaluate impact and prioritization of individual projects.
· Design, develop and implement standardized global processes and reporting
· Create and keep application and maintenance documentation up-to-date and relevant (DTP's, Process Flows, Training Guides etc.)
· Diagnose and resolve problems within applications, reports and data
· Build SQL data queries to analyze and solve data and reconciliation issues.
· Participate in and provide critical thinking during discussions related to integrations between our GL ledger, Data Warehouse and all the other systems that supply data to or consume data from a finance application.
· Conduct user training sessions and provide user support, including user provisioning and access troubleshooting.
· Supporting Reconciliation Tools, specifically Blackline
· Participate in the software solution eco system to understand best in class system and process automation opportunities.
· Maintain standard and consistent Disaster Recovery Plans across Chief Accounting Office. Qualifications
· 10+ years finance system application support experience, preferably in PeopleSoft, Essbase and Blackline and/or comparable applications.
· 10+ years of finance and accounting experience within a multi-national Financial Services company with assets in excess of $50 billion.
· Proven ability to lead teams, specifically off shore teams
· A proven track record in leading projects across multiple business units and providing leadership to both business and technical resources.
· Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex solutions and processes in a large global finance organization.
· Hands-on leadership style with the ability to work in the trenches when necessary, leading by example
· In-depth experience with proven examples in implementing Financial Systems (ERP, Planning, Treasury, Financial Reporting/BI, Consolidation Tool, Reconciliation Tool, and custom tools)
· Proven ability to understand and design end-to-end processes and complex global financial systems.
· Demonstrated complex problem solving and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of and advanced ability to work with SQL.
· Experience administering Financial Databases and understanding the Financial Close Processes, a must.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data required.
· Ability to work in a highly dynamic, constantly changing, fast paced environment and handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
Bachelor's degree in Information & Computer Science and Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred.
· Application Specific Experience in Accounting, FP&A, Treasury and Reporting Systems -
PeopleSoft, PeopleSoft EPM, Essbase, Axiom EPM, Axiom SL, Workiva, Blackline and Coupa
· Six Sigma or Agile
certification a plus.