Sr. Regulatory Reporting Lead
The SVB Financial Group Regulatory Reporting team has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Regulatory Reporting Manager, who will be responsible for overseeing and preparing the Bank's regulatory reports in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting policies as well as apply understanding of current report production process and requirements to drive automation of report production in associated reporting tools. The candidate will be part of the financial reporting, technical accounting and equity team and will report to the Manager II - Regulatory Reporting.
- Oversee and execute in the production of the Regulatory Reporting requirements for the U.S. operations and the respective entities, including but not limited to the following: 1) FR Y-9C - "Consolidated Financial Statements for Bank Holding Companies", 2) FR Y-9LP - "Parent Company Only Financial Statements", 3) FR Y-11/11S - "Financial Statements of U.S. Nonbank Subsidiaries of U.S. Holding Companies", 4) FR Y-15 - "Banking Organization Systemic Risk Report", and 5) FFIEC 031 - "Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income for a Bank with Domestic and Foreign Offices"
- Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas - automated and manual - associated with regulatory reporting function
- Communicate issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
- Partner with Financial, business subject matter experts, other analysts and developers to ensure requirements are captured appropriately and solutions implemented adequately to address the business needs
- Stays current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance for accurate reporting
- Participate in communication with Business Units on an ongoing basis to anticipate changes in business and to communicate new regulatory reporting requirements
- Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development
- Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; Master's degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum three plus years of relevant Regulatory Reporting experience
- CPA license preferred
- Proficient in US GAAP and Regulatory Reporting concepts and practices
- Strong knowledge of Financial and Regulatory Reporting tools and systems
- Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting and reporting issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate ideas and plans clearly and effectively with internal and external audience
- Good teamwork skills to build collaborative and win/win relationships
- High degree of intellectual curiosity combined with immense attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to independently and simultaneously manage various tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Financial and/or Regulatory Reporting requirements, tools and processes; experience in regulatory reporting to key regulators such as the Federal Reserve Bank, FDIC and DFI.
- Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting, month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Working experience with SQL is a plus