Business Intelligence Developer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Business Intelligence Developer Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2019-7369 Category Information Technology Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Developer. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer work closely with internal customers and BI Analysts to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. The right candidate will need to identify business needs and build solutions to drive business growth, automation and enablement for multiple business partners such as Retail Banking, Digital Banking, Compliance, Financial Planning and Analysis, Operations, and more. This role requires a strong knowledge of BI solutions, data analytics, data management and normalization, data modeling & visualization tools. This position will be responsible for unlocking, designing and implementing data solutions for business partners, utilizing data, data science and tech solutions to drive insights and ultimately value for the company. This individual must function in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable to the many changing processes and technology related to the various data warehouse environments.
- Work closely with BI team, data engineers, DBA groups, and business partners to create technical requirements, database design and BI solutions that will empower business partners to embrace data confidently and responsibly to address their complex challenges
- Power BI and SSRS administration for on premises and Reporting Services
- Build enterprise scalable, complex data visualizations, dashboards, KPI scorecards, and KRI reports, etc. in Power BI Desktop
- Proficient in DAX and M queries
- Leverage knowledge of data modeling methodologies and other data warehousing activities to translate data into actionable analytical solutions and promote information-based decision-making recommendations.
- Using past experiences, make recommendations on Enterprise BI standards/best practices
- Performance tuning and query optimization
- Provide guidance to other BI developers with oversight from the BI Managers and Leads
- Implement statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- 7+ years practical experience with business intelligence solution including building/supporting data-intensive systems, data warehouses and data marts with clear understanding of industry standard concepts (star schema, snowflake, ER)
- 2+ years hands on experience in Data Visualization or advance analytics using Power BI
- Expertise in SQL, ELT/ETL, reporting and Visual Analytics tools including SSMS, SSRS, SSIS and Power BI, with proven implementation and adoption in a large-scale enterprise environments
- Solid T-SQL knowledge and SQL query development using MS SQL 2016 or later
- Proficiency in data analysis, data profiling, data mining, data extraction, and data enrichment
- MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or equivalent combination of skills, experience and education
- Experience in banking or financial services
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Software language - C#, Power Shell, Python, .NET
- Experience in Cloud Data Warehouse technologies such as AZURE Data Warehouse, AWS RedShift, Snowflake.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL/PLSQL/Hive) and leveraging large data sets within a data warehouse (Hadoop, Oracle, MySQL).
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker) is a plus
- Understanding of Machine Learning
- Understanding of Adobe Analytics and Omniture, Google Analytics, and other Social/App Tracking Tools
- Understanding of analytical methods and regression models, and advanced analytics software (SAS, R, Python and others), big data programming
- Have solid / emerging experience with statistical modeling, analytics, database usage and design theories
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS