Quality Assurance Analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Sr Banking Ops Quality Assurance Analyst Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2019-7178 Category Banking Operations/Back Office Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Senior Banking Ops Quality Assurance Analyst. This role serves in a senior position to support Banking Operational units including Centralized Operations and Branch Quality Assurance Reviews and other special projects.
- Perform and document quality assurance reviews in accordance with the Banking Operations Quality Assurance Programs
- Perform on-site centralized operations and branch quality assurance reviews as well as test and validate adherence to bank policy, procedures and processes
- Facilitate open/direct discussions with business areas to identify key risks within the control environment through risk self-assessment
- Evaluate the design and test the operating effectiveness of key controls identified and provide control enhancement recommendations as appropriate
- Write up quality detailed reports based on evaluated areas and assist less experienced analysts to adequately record findings and recommend best practices
- Evaluate the adequacy of management responses to QA findings and recommendations, and follow up on corrective action plans, up to and including validating process changes
- Coach and mentor other analysts in reviewing their preliminary QA reports; findings and recommendations prior to escalation and submission to QA Manager for final review
- Monitor and track findings and outstanding issues, perform remediation testing as needed, and review updated procedures associated with exceptions/corrective actions
- Review internal policies and procedures and existing laws, rules and regulations to determine applicable compliance and the adequacy of underlying internal control
- Write accurate, clear and easy to follow QA documentation (clearly describe the work flows, the scope of QA work performed, results of test work, and any control or compliance deficiencies noted) while retaining easy to follow work papers and support
- Clearly and concisely communicate QA progress verbally and via written emails, memos and tracking reports
- Operate with little supervision while developing and maintaining effective working relationships with business units, branch management, QA team members & Manager
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of East West Bank systems, products and services applicable to support Quality Assurance reviews and questions.
- Assign, track, and review completed Risk Assessments for Centralized Operation assignments to ensure proper risk identification and mitigation
- Attend and present information at Branch management meetings, as well as support training initiatives for self and other business units
- Utilize experience to coach and mentor other QA team members regardless of position
- Collaborate with QA Department Manager to improve reporting, processes, and training
- Executing on special projects and other assignments as assigned by management
- Traveling required with occasional overnights and/or for several days
- Available to work overtime as needed
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial or retail banking, and strong back office operations understanding, management or supervisory experience a plus
- Experience in deposit or retail operations, including but not limited to deposit origination, deposit servicing, deposit compliance regulations, deposit processing, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Working knowledge of internal controls, auditing methodologies and techniques, and ability to perform risk assessments
- Advanced experience with Microsoft suite of office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- FIS IBS Insight system experience is a plus
- Possess collaboration and people skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must be able to adapt and work in a fast paced environment with sensitive deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adhere to policy and procedures and attendance requirements
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS