Support Analyst, Applications Job Description
The Support Analyst is the primary service contact assisting customers to effectively utilize Elite software to meet their firm’s business objectives. The role is to provide technical consultative Application Support for at least one Core application module/area in a non-call center but in a project base environment
- Pull service request tickets from phone queue and online customer portal. Intake and document concisely the challenge, expectations of resolution, steps to reproduce and necessary logs, attachments. Use case management system to correctly record all information regarding challenge. Use remote access utilities and other resources to replicate customer challenge. Leverage internal knowledge base resources, peer knowledge and documentation for known solutions. Isolate causes and take restorative actions while minimizing disruption to the customer’s business operation. Provide timely and effective status updates throughout the life of the service request until resolution. Communicate and recommend complex business process, procedures and diverse information to resolve customer issues and potential future preventative actions.
- Maintain appropriate Dashboard management which includes: volume of active service requests and appropriate aging specifications of open service requests.
- Provide high level of soft skills in communication with customers and internal peers. Act with an appropriate sense of urgency and follow up to ensure issues are resolved to satisfaction and develop a rapport through successful personal interactions.
- Collaborate and Interact with team, department and interdepartmental peers to resolve customer issues effectively and timely. Participate in team and escalation meetings and contribute suggestions and solutions to increase effectiveness. Actively seek and apply knowledge gained from colleagues and other resources and proactively share knowledge with others.
- Acquire and maintain expertise of Elite’s software product and application suites and operating platforms and how customers can utilize and/or adapt software to effectively manage their business both financially and operationally. Complete Application boot-camps and continuing education as necessary. Develop and demonstrate SQL skills to a proficient level for the role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years technical, financial and/or related customer Support service experience in a software environment
- Knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server, MS office, Smartsheet, IE, Chrome and relational database concepts
- Exceptional customer service soft skills with expertise in troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Excellent organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently multitask dynamically and prioritize focus correctly
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and network operating systems and expertise trouble shooting hardware and software compatibility issues across various configurations
- Prior knowledge/experience in legal finance sector, professional services or similar financial systems environment
- Elite software experience a significant plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .
Culver City-California-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America