ABS Trading Support Developer
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 21 May 19
ABS Trading Support Developer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO's ABS Trading Technology Team is looking for an ambitious developer to support ABS/MBS trading desks and CLO trading team
The developer will work directly with portfolio managers, traders, desk quants and IT teams to develop trading tools for the firm's in-house ABS/MBS analytics platform.
- You will work with Asset Backed Securities / Mortgage Backed Securities trading desk and CLO trading team to understand analytics, trade workflows and to develop trading analytics modules, automate reporting and batch processes.
- You will develop Windows desktop UI and/or Angular Web UI, and server-side services using XAML/MVVM, Angular, Web API and WCF.
- You will integrate trade desk's trading analytics in Python on Linux into trading applications running on Windows platforms.
- You will automate batch processes using Python and Autosys on Linux platform.
- You will maintain and enhance existing analytics modules and tools.
- You possess validated fundamentals in computer science with hands-on experience with design, development, testing and deployment of application.
- You have the ability to make quick technical decisions under the mentorship of senior developers, and focus on delivering tactical solutions to the trading desk in timely manner.
- Strong programming skill in at least one of the primary programming languages: C#, Python, C++ or Java.
- Demonstrable understanding of SQL languages.
- Be hardworking and follow through on execution in a multi-tasking environment, and be able to maintain focus facing request pipeline pressure with a positive attitude.
- The position is to support trading desks. You are comfortable working 50+ hours a week on regular basis in the office.
- Knowledge and/or experience with fixed income products or a strong interest learn.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or engineering. MBA, Financial Engineering or a graduate engineering degree a plus
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.