Fund Reporting Associate / Specialist
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
This role may be based in Austin, TX or Newport Beach, CA.
The PIMCO Funds Business Group is responsible for operating public and private fund complexes globally with over $700 billion in AUM across 350+ unique portfolios.
As an Associate, Sr. Associate, or Specialist in the PIMCO Fund Reporting group, you will be responsible with assisting in the oversight of PIMCO's registered and unregistered funds, with a primary focus on regulatory reporting for the funds and the advisor.
You will work with members of the Fund Reporting team to document, coordinate, and execute processes related to the management, oversight, and production of the annual and semiannual financial reports and related audits conducted in accordance with local GAAP, regulatory filings (such as Form PF, CPO-PQR, CTA-PR, Form ADV, BEA's regulatory filings, OCR, HSR, PFS, N-PX, N-PORT, N-CEN, N-MFP, etc.) and liaise with Fund Accounting, and other internal and external groups for the ongoing management of the funds.
You will be an inquisitive, sharp, upbeat, and a hardworking professional who will learn quickly, play a meaningful role in maintaining operational excellence, form collaborative relationships with our international counterparts, and grow with the business. Position Requirements:
Professional Skills Requirements
- 3-10 years of experience, preferably in Public Accounting, Professional Services, or Financial Reporting/Fund Accounting/Regulatory Reporting role within the Investment Management industry
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required
- CPA desirable
- A strong understanding of mutual fund regulatory and financial reporting
- Understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting recommended, but not required
- Strong knowledge of various asset types (e.g., fixed income and equities, including derivatives)
- Risk and controls minded
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and social skills
- Collaborative; enjoys developing rapport across all levels
- Ambitious and motivated, encouraged by developing new skills and crafting ideas, processes, and concepts
- Strong emotional intelligence, versatile, and resilient
- Shown competence in thinking strategically, analytically, conceptually, and innovatively, including the ability to synthesize and analyze data
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding, fast paced environment and prioritize meaningful projects with outstanding output
- Shown ability to navigate unstructured processes and simultaneously lead responsibilities of multiple-concurrent work streams and significant demands
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office